FEEDBACK REQUESTED: The Avalon Protectorate

Lilim
Site Monitor
Lilim
Site Monitor

May 14th, 2018, 4:21 pm #1

I've spoken to a few of the RP Guides on the site, and before we can really nail down on the reformations needed for the Avalon Protectorate--especially since we will be solidifying the themes and lore of the faction in detail--we would like everyone to submit their feedback on what their impression, inspiration, and thoughts on the Avalon Protectorate and Paladins were in the past and present, and in addition, if you have recommendations on how the AP should proceed, be reformed, or radically changed, please express those as well. Right now, the Paladins are the least populated faction at the moment and we hope to change that--but before we can, member and site feedback is reauested in this regard.

Much like the Of The Season nominations, those that post and explain their thoughts on the AP will be awarded DP for their help and participation, though the amount is relative and up to discretion for the moment. Thank you for your time and attention, and I look forward to reading your feedback.

Raiosu Kirishi
True Legend
True Legend

May 14th, 2018, 9:19 pm #2

I think the avalon protectorate needs more quests and special abilities to make it stack up to the keliouxian scholars. And I mean, really, really needs them. Being a paladin kind of sucks at the moment with just righteousness being the only ability you can get for working on their quests. IMO what it should do is focus on androids more because they're supposed to be very technologically advanced anyway.

Yan Cass
Site Moderator
Yan Cass
Site Moderator

May 14th, 2018, 9:29 pm #3

The reason we're asking this is in order to form a basis on what to make new quests about and how to rebuild the Paladins in a way people respect and enjoy. There seems to be conflict in the general understanding of what the Paladins should and should not be, so we want to sort through that instead of just running with our own ideas without input from the community.

The Monkey | Sheet | Vault

Hayami
Site Monitor
Hayami
Site Monitor

May 14th, 2018, 10:29 pm #4

I suppose since I used to be one of the active Paladin players, I should get my perspective on how they were in my stories. I'll split it into 3 sections. Before the war, during the war, and after the war. I'll make a couple of post since I'm driving right now.

Before the war, they were Radical towards the changelings, what was that parlayed with the changelings, and general evildoers in general. Think Ma Cho from Dynasty Warriors 3. Alex told me that the paladins were sort of like the judges from Final Fantasy 12.

Order a military structure I RP'd that they worked in squads are there two to three paladins and some regular Avalon soldiers. The paladins would be between say level 2 swordsmanship and level 3 swordsmanship. The most elite Paladin's were the player characters or high rank NPCs.
Last edited by Hayami on May 14th, 2018, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elemento
Wordslinger
Wordslinger
Elemento
Wordslinger
Wordslinger

May 14th, 2018, 11:01 pm #5

The way I've approached the Paladins as both Elemento and Tien is sort of similar to something resembling the Jedi order, combined with something more traditionally militaristic (a mixture of ranks inspired by American and British military). In passing I've stated that Paladins can work in squadrons, particularly at lower levels. I've also mentioned "elite" Paladins and I'd liken that aspect of the order to the saiyans and their class system, though with less vitriol and blatant disrespect toward the low class.

That aspect aside, I've also roleplayed the order as having an extraordinarily thankless job that's simply too big for them. They don't have the manpower to handle it all, in terms of strength or numbers. So while they are upholding justice across Avalon to a certain extent, they can't do it all. Which in turn leads to certain parts of the world being lawless, the Cougon Plains in particular. In that respect, I've got them constantly fighting an uphill battle. They're the supposed lawbringers of the planet and they're a bit out of their depth currently. I don't know if that's something others have done or not but it's definitely been a pretty massive part of all that I've done there and will continue to be.

As for quests and the like, I think the ones that are currently available are on the right track and should simply be expanded upon. Maybe elaborate on the more space western-like sensibilities of the world and it's government; mining operations, corrupt businessmen, outlaws, and things that would be jobs for the order, etc. The more protectorate oriented quests in particular could be less side questy and more elaborate, dealing with internal affairs, something like that saiyan ambassador quest we already have. Have them be higher level, hard or very hard at least. I've been meaning to propose a few quests for the planet for a while and should probably get on that at some point. Either way, I've done a lot of stuff there and plan to do a lot more in the future.

Last edited by Elemento on May 15th, 2018, 4:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Mahatma Gandhi

Hayami
Site Monitor
Hayami
Site Monitor

May 14th, 2018, 11:51 pm #6

I've felt that they have started to struggle at least starting during the war. The Plains area is one that I've sort of not touched on, but in the cities and surrounding colonized areas, they most had them under control. However, in my mind, or my stories, that started to change in the war.

Ever since they lost Namek, the government started to distrust anyone who wasn't Avalanian by birth, though that doesn't mean that their more ground level commanders and the like are like that. In my mind, the loss of Earth and Kanassa, one basically right after the other, to their hated enemies (PTO) and the Saiyans (if my memory serves right) has basically led the government to a more total distrust.

As for how I currently portray them, its more of a "we are in need of the assistance, so we'll let you help, but we're gonna keep a close eye on you" type of situation. As before, though, the more ground level commanders are more trusting of other races.

In the past, I believe Tatsuda? I can't remember his name right. But the Avalanians pre war were also very weak power level wise. They used devices and weapons to try to even the odds. However, Avalon was under heavy restrictions ever since the time they sent out troops that had power level limiters with them. I'm not sure how many people remember that one, but I do. I'd say since the war the Dojo that had maybe seen less visitors started to get flooded.

As for religion, Gnar was something I dabbled in. He was a deity that believed in Eliminate Evil Immediately. (Basically Hajime Saitou from Rurouni Kenshin). I believe that phrase fits Paladins themselves rather well, a sort of motto. Or at least in the past. As I moved away from playing a Paladin after the war, I'm not really sure how they are portrayed by others.

As the way I've handled their government during Vegeta's saga, they are still a council of elders, but since they would need to have meetings with the other universal powers, they would either send: a representative of the council and an Elder in a ship, or just a rep that they could trust. This lone rep would be only Avalanian in my mind.

Uriel
Author
Author
Uriel
Author
Author

May 15th, 2018, 5:22 am #7

I was around when Tas started the first galactic war. If I recall correctly, the Damaskan wrecked Avalon and even invaded the planet. That was 2008.

Now I um, cough, left, right as that was happening. Site drama put a stop to the saga so I'm not sure how this was resolved. Never bothered to read up. But yeah, the Avalonion's being weak before makes sense.
I had way more important things to do then to approve a trivial zolton buy.

http://www.alexsdbzrpg.info/page/Uriel

Kaine
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Kaine
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

May 15th, 2018, 5:37 am #8

Since we do have Paladins shouldn't their be by any chance for. Dark Paladins......A way for a paladin to renounce his path and go down the evil way. But since they have small numbers have another way for becoming one in a quest. I guess making a small event on Avalon for paladins where many others can join. Placing a special kind of reward for the small event to get everyone in the mood for paladins.

Hayami
Site Monitor
Hayami
Site Monitor

May 15th, 2018, 5:41 am #9

Kaine wrote:Since we do have Paladins shouldn't their be by any chance for. Dark Paladins......A way for a paladin to renounce his path and go down the evil way. But since they have small numbers have another way for becoming one in a quest. I guess making a small event on Avalon for paladins where many others can join. Placing a special kind of reward for the small event to get everyone in the mood for paladins.
No.

I only say this because there's already two (basically) evil Organizations, with two being neutral, and the Paladins being the only "good" Organization. There's already a big difference in the balance, so I don't think it'd be advisable to do more than say there's a small cabal of former Paladins who've turned evil. But tbh, they would have likely joined other organizations and were just absorbed into them as those Orgs.
Last edited by Hayami on May 15th, 2018, 6:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hiiragi Junior
Site Admin

May 15th, 2018, 12:28 pm #10

Hayami wrote:
Kaine wrote:Since we do have Paladins shouldn't their be by any chance for. Dark Paladins......A way for a paladin to renounce his path and go down the evil way. But since they have small numbers have another way for becoming one in a quest. I guess making a small event on Avalon for paladins where many others can join. Placing a special kind of reward for the small event to get everyone in the mood for paladins.
No.

I only say this because there's already two (basically) evil Organizations, with two being neutral, and the Paladins being the only "good" Organization. There's already a big difference in the balance, so I don't think it'd be advisable to do more than say there's a small cabal of former Paladins who've turned evil. But tbh, they would have likely joined other organizations and were just absorbed into them as those Orgs.
well when you think about it there's kind of something in existence for this what with the fallen Paladin armor set from a saga or something. As well as Rebel Paladins. So there's honestly ways to go about it.

I agree the paladins need more quests items and abilities.
Last edited by Hiiragi Junior on May 15th, 2018, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click Sig for Profile