Goku vs Nappa [Forum/Gem Spar]

Goku
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Goku
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

September 13th, 2018, 9:12 pm #1

Goku had planned on traversing the Cougon Plains on Avalon for quite some time since he had heard that it was popular for people to travel through it who sought "enlightenment." Whatever that meant or entailed, he did not know, however, it was more so a popular saying among warrior monks than it was to the general population. The Cougon Plains was a harsh desert that lacked any meaningful supply of food and water for miles on ends. It was said that bandits, thieves, and outlaws roamed it, and people who were ill prepared for the unforgiving desert did not make it out alive. Of course, these warning did very little to deter Goku. In fact, he became even more excited.

He put on his orange combat Gi which he was gifted by Joseph quite some time ago, his boots, and he grabbed his emerald necklace that housed his gem of telepathy. No sooner did he grab it however, was he transported into the Astral Realm. It was odd for him to have been transported so suddenly, and in the blink of an eye he found himself at a beach. The smell of salt tickled his nose and the large oceanic waves crashed against the shore. The water looked very inviting, so Goku decided that it wouldn't be such a bad idea if he took a dip in it. He stripped his Gi off of his body and laid it neatly on the sand just out of reach of the waves and placed his boots on top of his Gi so that it would fashion as a make-shift "anchor" to prevent the water from washing away his clothes just in case he miscalculated and the water reached his Gi.

Once he was satisfied he jumped in the water and swam happily around for quite some time, perfectly content with himself.

WC: 310

Nappa
Nappa

September 14th, 2018, 4:41 pm #2

Smiling as he looked at the gem in the palm of his hand, Nappa remembered what it was like the last time he used the gem to spar with someone across the galaxy. The small purple gem pulsed in his hand as he closed his eyes. It was a strange feeling to be leaving his body while still learning new ways to deal with opponents he hadn’t met in person. It was a chance to study new ways people fight and possibly making new friends across the galaxy. If he was lucky, he’d meet a fellow Saiyan.

Feeling his body slip away, the bald warrior opened his eyes to see he was on the shoreline of an unfamiliar body of water. It felt very similar to the island that Kame House sat on, but there was a distinctive lack of buildings as far as he could tell. Noticing an orange ki and a pair of boots, Nappa glanced around and saw what appeared to be a child out in the water. It was strange that he would be brought to this strange place only to meet a child. Then again, there was a chance that this child at least knew how to fight and would be interesting to spar against.

“Wasn’t expecting a child to be here,” he said with a smile on his face as he walked towards the water’s edge. “So what are you doing out here?” It was strange to see a child on a beach in a place designed for combat. No matter how many times he used the gem, the tailed fighter was unable to get used to the strange locations he was brought to each time. A small smile played on his lips as he sat down and waited for the child to finish with their time in the water.

WC: 306

Goku
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Goku
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

September 14th, 2018, 11:50 pm #3

While Goku was frolicking about in the water, about having as much fun as a child possibly could, a stranger appeared at the water's edge. The child saw that the man was rather large, and bald, and sported a tail much like Goku did. He had learned that there was a race of other beings with tails just like himself called Saiyans, however Goku never truly went out of his way to find one to converse with. There was a Saiyan that visited Earth and sought him out because he believed that Goku was his son, and when he spoke on the Saiyan race and their customs it was not from a positive place. He had very little good things to say about them at all, and even encouraged Goku not to enlist in the Saiyan Army, or to ever step foot on their home planet.

"So what are you doing out here?" The old man asked the child.

Goku swam towards the shore and once his feet touched on land, he hopped up high into the sky and touched down right in front of the large man, stark naked.

"My gem sent me here," Goku said. His tail curled behind him to scratch his rear end. It always itched after he left the water.

"But hey, old man, are you a Saiyan like me?" Goku asked. "And are you from Planet Vegeta?"

WC: 233
TWC: 543

Nappa
Nappa

September 20th, 2018, 4:23 am #4

Unwrapping his tail from his waist, Nappa blinked a few times at the child’s bluntness as well as his nudity. It was strange to meet a child so forthcoming rather than trying to figure out what he was, and it was somewhat refreshing. Of course, the question of him also being a Saiyan caused the bald warrior to laugh. It seemed that this strange being was also one of the proud warrior race that controlled a fair amount of the galaxy.

“Well,” he said with a slight smile. “Seems nothing gets by you, kid. I wasn’t expecting to run into another Saiyan out here.” It was truly strange that he’d come across one of his own people using a gem to contact other being across the galaxy. Then again, it was bound to happen eventually. In fact, he was even surprised when he had met a female Saiyan on Kami’s lookout.

Glancing around the beach, Nappa chuckled as he realized that there was a chance the kid hadn’t been to a real beach if he had grown up on Planet Vegeta. There were probably some changes ever since his departure, but it was hard to imagine anything but the rocky landscape and harsh environment of his home planet. The fact that he managed to repair his Saiyan Pod meant that he was all but ready to leave for the next planet on his galactic expedition. Of course, he’d have to eventually return home and help strengthen the Empire’s position. Plus, it would be fun to show the Planet Trade Organization what a race of bred warriors could do.

“Listen, kid,” the bald warrior said casually, crouching down to meet the kid at eye level. “The name’s Nappa. I’m a Saiyan like you, but it’s been a while since I was on Planet Vegeta.” It was true that he hadn’t set foot on Planet Vegeta in quite some time, but that didn’t mean he had fully lost connection with his fighting ancestry.

WC: 331/637

Goku
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Goku
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

September 20th, 2018, 11:13 am #5

Goku's eyes lit up wide with excitement. He gazed upon Nappa with endearment, as if he was a family heirloom. To meet someone who was just like him was rare, but at least in this way they could converse and Goku could learn more about his heritage. He could also bring up the instance where he met his supposed "father" and speak on his viewpoints. The Saiyan boy felt that the large brute of a man, Nappa, was not someone that he should be weary of. He generally had good instincts and he trusted them with his life. He gave off far more of a jovial vibe than what one would expect from a Saiyan.

"I have so many questions!" Goku nearly pounced the man excitedly, hopping up and down like a bunny. His mind moved as his body did - a thousand miles a minute. He had a lot to ask but he didn't even know where to begin.

"Where is Planet Vegeta!? What is it like!? What is the Saiyan Military like!? Can I join!? I know I may be young but..." Goku's voice trailed when he spoke on his age. He didn't want it to be a barrier of entry for him.

"...But I'm strong! Trust me! Someone told me bad things about what Saiyans do, but I want to experience it for myself! And I hope to meet my dad one day too! And maybe even my mom!"

WC: 241
TWC: 784

Nappa
Nappa

September 21st, 2018, 4:47 am #6

The barrage of questions caused the warrior to chuckle and shake his head. The kid certainly seemed to have plenty of enthusiasm. Of course, his claim of being strong was easily verified by Nappa ever since he had learned how to pick up on other people’s power levels from Master Roshi. It was hard not to chuckle at the child’s antics, but it was seemed that the child hadn’t been properly introduced to his heritage. To the bearded fighter, it felt strange having to be the teacher to someone that probably wasn’t royalty.

“Well,” he began with a thoughtful look. “Planet Vegeta is an arid planet located eastern part of the galaxy. As for the Saiyan military, it’s tough. It doesn’t matter how old you are, but it helps if you at least know how to fight.” The rough information he could provide was a good starting point for any Saiyan not familiar with their heritage. Of course, those seemed to be few and far between from what Nappa had come across in his time in the galaxy. There was still time for him to meet other Saiyans that had lost their connection as he had before returning to his true home.

Standing up so his knees wouldn’t give out on him, Nappa worked the kinks out of his back and smiled down at the kid. “By the way, I don’t think you introduced yourself,” the bald warrior said with a light chuckle.

WC: 243/880

Goku
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Goku
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Yesterday, 4:01 am #7

Goku was excited to learn more and more about his heritage and Nappa didn't disappoint! Although the information that he divulged to the Saiyan boy was surface level at best, it still was enough for the boy to get giddy with excitement. Planet Vegeta, as it was called, seemed like such a mysterious place to him. He grew up in the jungles of Grace as far as he could remember. But Nappa said that the planet was arid, which meant that there might not have been a lot of forests or jungles at all. To be on a planet that was devoid of something that fundamentally shaped the boy's life was a terrifying yet intriguing place to him.

The Saiyan military sounded tough, but he was glad to hear that even someone as young as him could enroll within it. Thankfully he knew how to fight and wasn't shy about doing it. In fact, he loved fighting and training more than anything. To him, it was a sport, a thrill. There was no greater high for him. The next closest thing perhaps would be eating, but due to his upbringing he had to learn how to go without. He figured that most Saiyans in the military might have experienced the same thing that he had. If so then he was already half-way there!

"Oh, sorry," Goku scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "My name is Goku! It's nice to meet you Nappa!" He reached his hand out to shake his, a custom that he had learned from Earth.

"Hey, old man Nappa," Goku began to say as he thought of more questions. "Do you know your parents? Is there a place I could go where I could know where they are, or what their names are?" Goku, at first, never gave a second thought about his parents. As far as he was concerned, his parents were a pack of primates that took him in ever since he was little.

However, through years of observing different people that traversed the jungles of Graces, he realized that he was more alike to a human than he was to a primate in spite of his tail. When he began to notice the differences between himself and the animals, he began to become more and more curious about where he came from. It was a nagging feeling at first, but he never felt so close to knowing more than he did at this very moment.

And he felt that he had to seize the opportunity.

WC: 422
TWC: 1206