Natural Carapace

Cooler
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Cooler
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

August 5th, 2018, 10:41 pm #1

Natural Carapace - Equipped as two accessories. Inherent to the Changeling race is the ability to naturally produce their own armament, which is often seen as the fortified plating covering their body. As a Changeling ascends through their levels of transformation, this living armor grows and hardens to further provide its host with benefits.

At Base form, Natural Carapace provides:
  • +300 (+3%) Strength and Toughness.
  • Decreases damage taken by +3%.
  • Increases physical damage dealt by +2%
With each transformation in which the user changes shape, another stack of the base benefits is added. These transformations include Transformation 1, Transformation 2, Transformation 3, and Transformation 4. No additional benefits are attained with 100% Power or Fifth Form Full Power. At Transformation 4, Natural Carapace grants the user +1 additional use of Nova Chariot in a battle free of ki cost.

So, at Transformation 4, Natural Carapace provides:
  • +1500 (+15%) Strength and Toughness.
  • Decreases damage taken by +15%.
  • Increases physical damage dealt by +10%.
  • +1 use of Advanced Tech Nova Chariot for free
The caveat to this item is I have to stay in Transformation to retain these buffs. If for any reason, I drop out of my transformation for something lower, the buffs go back down to whatever level of transformation I'm employing.

Custom Item Purchase Link: Here
Last edited by Cooler on August 10th, 2018, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeice
Site Monitor
Jeice
Site Monitor

August 13th, 2018, 9:21 am #2

Let me just say, I think this is a pretty nifty idea.

Trumpet's SS

Beerus
ADBZRPG Guru
ADBZRPG Guru
Beerus
ADBZRPG Guru
ADBZRPG Guru

August 14th, 2018, 12:40 pm #3

Ok so this one is interesting to me. The baseline is normally a rare item and it has to be less than that rare. No body armor rares so scratch that one right away.
[+] Spoiler
PTO Experimental Armor - Equipped on the body. Increases toughness by +450 +15% base toughness in battle (Does not Increase Ki or PL). Decreases damage dealt to you in battle by 15%. May equip Saiyan Weight or Damaskian Weights with this armor.

Rainbow Armor - Equipped on the body. Increases toughness by +850 + 10% base toughness in battle. Increases strength by +100 + 1% base strength in battle(Increases do not affect Ki or PL) . Once per battle the armor may be used to reflect a fundamental or uncharged advanced ki attack (10% ki cost or less) back at an opponent.

Mark V Combat Armor - Equipped to the body. Increases toughness by +1,250 in battle + 13% of your current toughness. Decreases damage dealt to you in battle by 15%.
So at the peak of the performance of this it as stated gives

+1500 (+15%) Strength and Toughness. - This is higher than all the spoiler armor above
Decreases damage taken by +15%. - 15% is the top line. 2 items exist that give more, but I believe those items aren't in circulation anymore
Increases physical damage dealt by +10%. - Only 1 Item does more than this 3 at the 10%
+1 use of Advanced Tech Nova Chariot for free - This might be the best Racial tech in the game and is limited for a reason. So if you wanted the extra use that alone is a huge perk.

Image by Tarble

EVERYBODY wants to be a BEAST, until it is time to do what real BEASTS DO!

Beerus' Page

Theme Video

Anat
Site Monitor
Anat
Site Monitor

August 25th, 2018, 9:04 pm #4

My immediate concern is that this armor can be worn with armor. It should probably be worn on the body slot. Yes, it's better than most armors, but it's not like you're going to make a custom item and have it be worse than something you can already get.

I'm wondering if we can shift some power though. The +15% strength and toughness is the only thing that gets me. The Nova Chariot use is interesting to me and it makes sense that Cooler would get this perk. He's the one that invented it in the movies!

I'm wondering if instead of +x all stats per level, there's the baseline + stats because it's armor. But as you transform, different benefits are added instead of better stats. It seems underwhelming, because as you transform your stats are getting better anyway. It seems overwhelming, because that's two free level two passives. Well, "free."

I'm sorta in love with the idea, but don't have too much actual feedback to give cuz this ones a bit confusing. Maybe someone else has feedback or suggestions?

For reference, I've been thinking about like. At transformation one, Cooler's living armor becomes more dense, lowering the DR of all advanced by 0.5. At transformation two, the living armor protrudes spikes, increasing physical attacks by blah blah etc.

Cooler
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Cooler
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

September 6th, 2018, 8:26 pm #5

Here's the thing - making this item any piece of equipment anything other than an accessory is essentially a nerf. The bonuses of armor sets are too nice to give up in lieu of something that will ultimately not be as good.

An alternative to this would be, this particular custom item could be worn alongside (breaking the 2 equipment item max per slot rule) or in place of a set item. I'm willing to maneuver around some of the numbers and percentages but I'm not looking to nerf myself here, obviously.

Whis
Site Moderator
Whis
Site Moderator

September 6th, 2018, 8:45 pm #6

Wow i thought this was body armor and overlooked the accessory slot thing. For me that's a 100% no then.
Column 4 on lock down since 2013.
Feel free to contact me to work with Quests and Spars. Oh and if I do something wrong, just tell me!

Siggy by Tarble

Character Page

Yan Cass
Site Moderator
Yan Cass
Site Moderator

September 18th, 2018, 5:15 pm #7

Pretty much, you cant expect to get decreased damage on this, especially at that high a level, and then with armor as well, even if there is a cap. I completely disagree about set bonuses, probably because I plan to not have one on Bulma but like, if you want an armor item, make it worth your while as an armor item. We always compare to existing items and nothing but armor decreases damage.

15% strength and toughness is just lol. it's way to freaking high even if we're abiding by damage decreasing items not increasing PL. Yes there are steps needed to unlock it but Z Sword is 20% strength and I can tell you right now, nothing is going to go over that.

I don't see why you would also get an extra move when you're gaining three buffs....

Just all around OP, so this is also no stamped for me.

The Monkey | Sheet | Vault