Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Alex's DBZ RPG 5 Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Per Aspera Ab Inferi; custom fundamental
Topic Started: Sep 2 2017, 03:10 AM (343 Views)
Dabura1
Member Avatar
Rex Daemonum
Putting this on hold for now.

Technique Name: Per Aspera Ab Inferi
Attack Power: DR3
Ki Drain: 6%
Action Cost: 1
Effect(s): Blind
Description:
Invoking otherworldly powers, Dabura pulls one of his own lesser demonic vassals through a dimensional tear. A pentagram is seared onto the fabric of space-time which then shatters. From this window to Hell the vassal appears and then lunges at the opponent before dissipating into the aether. Dabura may choose one of three lesser vassals, who each grant their own unique effect to the move. This technique may immobilize opponents (CE: Immobilize) by paralyzing them with either fear or wonder. This technique may only be used once per fight.

"Ex puteis inferos, te invoco - Gherbos!"
The alpha hellhound appears at his master's side, and starts to scratch and bite at the opponent with outworldly speed and ferocity. Per Aspera Ab Inferi becomes undodgable.

"Per virtutem regis Septima, te adiuro - Aganos!"
Chunks of schorching hot obsidian tumble from the portal and rapidly cluster into a shambling golem which attempts to pummel the opponent with huge, rocky limbs. Per Aspera Ab Inferi becomes unblockable.

"In nomine Luciferi, me adiuva - Hecate!"
The apparition of a witch goddess appears by Dabura's side who momentarily blasts the battleground with her command of the elements. Per Aspera Ab Inferi becomes an AoE attack but drops to DR2 in power. However, Hecate knows no master and so will hit everyone else on the battlefield, friend and foe alike, except the one who summoned her. As such, even allies may be struck with the CE.

Quote:

Total SP cost:
2 base
6 for DR
10 for CE
= 18 SP cost to learn

(I will have this amount of SP as soon as my update is approved.) I have enough!

I want to go hard on making Dabura some sort of magic wielding and fire spitting sword-demon, and I really wanted a move with the BlindImmobilize CE to fit with the fire thematic. So for the record: I'm not actually summoning an ally or anything with this. They just appear for one action and do their thing, and they peace out again. Basically their appearance is just rp fluff. Also, I needed a reason to have Dabs spout edgy faux Latin B)

As for a more detailed background, I intend to flesh out these three vassals at one point or another, when I get around to writing my backstory sagas. They'll play a part in those. Basically it's feudalism in Hell. Lucifer's the Emperor, Dabura is one of the kings below him, and these three are dukes/counts below Dabura.[/s]
[align=center]⛧ Wiki | Vault

Posted Image

Check this out and/or PM me if you want to rp together. ⛧[/align]
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cado
Member Avatar
ADBZRPG Guru
Way too overloaded for a fundi. Fundamentals are supposed to be weak but useful, hence the unlimited usage but low DR
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dabura1
Member Avatar
Rex Daemonum
I'll gladly adjust it if you point me to what exactly you find overboard about it. RP-wise this isn't really something I'd throw out more than once per battle so putting a once-per-fight limit on it is fine by me. I'd also drop it to DR2 (DR1 for the AoE summon) if necessary too. Heck, I could go for CE: Confusion too, or drop the CE altogether if having Blind on a fundie is a big issue.

I just don't know where you think the problem is and that sucks, but those are some solutions I can think of.

And for what it's worth, I went through some of the already approved fundamentals and I don't think mine is much more overloaded than these:
http://forum.alexsdbzrpg.com/index.php?showtopic=74598

http://forum.alexsdbzrpg.com/index.php?showtopic=68475

http://forum.alexsdbzrpg.com/index.php?showtopic=72733

http://forum.alexsdbzrpg.com/index.php?showtopic=67408

EDIT: Went ahead and already made some changes.
Code:

* Blind CE changed to Immobilize. I think it fits better thematically.
* Put a limit of one use per fight on the technique.
[align=center]⛧ Wiki | Vault

Posted Image

Check this out and/or PM me if you want to rp together. ⛧[/align]
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cado
Member Avatar
ADBZRPG Guru
I know this is on hold, but for clarity purposes I'll try to explain. I never said it was OP. Obviously a DR 3 isn't overpowered. Just that it was overloaded. It had way, way too much going on for a fundie. It had a CE, an undodgable or unblockable quality, and max DR. There was no reason to never NOT use this, because it had everything in a fundie that you could ever possibly want. If you want a CE, you have to sacrifice damage, for example. That's not always the case it's just a loose example of what I mean. A technique can't have everything. Sorry if I wasn't clear or confused anybody.

As for the examples, I'd be happy to talk over aim about why I believe two of those are perfectly balanced. I can't talk about the one I didn't approve, however. And then one is pretty passable imo. Might not be epitome of balance but it's not broken, I don't think
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Trophy/Customs Requests · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

RPG Chat RPG-D RPGfix eXTReMe Tracker

Back to Alex's DBZ RPG | Back to Main Forum

Black Water created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone