Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Alex's DBZ RPG 5 Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Summer OTS nominations; Deadline 19th September, 1159pm
Topic Started: Aug 15 2017, 02:05 PM (854 Views)
Lilim
Member Avatar
Queen of Demons
Monitors
[align=center]Welcome to Of The Season Awards. In case you don't know, every three months the community nominates users and threads they found noteworthy that are then voted on. The top voted on member/RP/fight wins a nice prize! This thread is for nominations. Voting threads will be posted after the deadline!

Nominations end at 11:59pm PST Tuesday, September 19th.

Threads must have been COMPLETED between May 26th and August 25th to be eligible for nomination.

If someone else nominates the one you were going to nominate, you can nominate something else or simply choose to second the original nomination. You do not have to nominate in all categories. Nominations are not final until the above deadline; if you wish to change your nominations before then, you may do so by editing out your original post.

Each nomination meeting the below rules will receive 1 DP. Writing a couple sentences on why you nominated the thread will give you an additional 1 DP (to be determined by staff; Max 6 DP). A seconded nomination will not receive DP unless reasons are stated, then they will get the normal 2. Nomination Rewards will be posted in Bonuses after the thread is closed.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO FOLLOW ALL RULES EXACTLY AS WRITTEN OR YOUR NOMINATION MAY BE DISQUALIFIED.[/align]

Quote:

[align=center]Rules**[/align]
1. You cannot nominate yourself or any thread or battle you were involved in.
2. Nominations are given and voted on by the entire community.
a) Since the whole community is voting, it is possible for someone to win more than one award in a season.
3. Any thread or fight being nominated must be a completed thread, and must include a hyperlink to it.
4. You can only give ONE nomination per category each season. This is to prevent an overwhelming number of nominations.

Quote:

[align=center]Categories[/align]
MEMBER OF THE SEASON
Prize: +50 DP, +150 exp
Preferred: The ideal member of the season is an individual that is consistently contributing to the board both in and outside of roleplay. They are generally respectful toward the rest of the members of the community, and put noticeable time and effort into their endeavors on the board. It is preferred that this person is actively posting in the forums with other members of the community, rather than solo, and constantly looking for ways to improve not only their reputations and their writing, but to improve the site as well.

ROLEPLAY OF THE SEASON
Prize: +50 RPC, +150 exp (Given to each participant)
Preferred: The roleplay of the season is focused primarily on story content and delivery quality. (This does not necessarily mean grammar!) There is no minimum or maximum word count required for a thread to qualify. It can be a quest, personal saga, personal roleplay, official saga thread, or a spar that is focused primarily on social interaction and character development over combat. This award can be given to both solo and group roleplays.

FIGHT OF THE SEASON
Prize: +150 All stats, +150 exp (Given to each participant)
Preferred: The fight of the season must be a battle or spar. It should be a thread that predominantly involves combat rather than social roleplay. Good sportsmanship, minimal metagaming, and tactical ingenuity are all desired features of a great fight. It must be a completed thread that reached the required amount of posts for full gains. If a fight wins and a member of it did not get full battle gains due to insufficient amount of posts, they will not receive this award. This award can include tournament battles, but specific participants need to be determined; a tournament and all of its participants cannot win as a whole.

HAVE AT IT.
Posted Image
Wiki Profile: Profile Page
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lilim
Member Avatar
Queen of Demons
Monitors
Let's try this again!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Towa
Member Avatar
SCHEMA
Fight of the Season
Symphony of Calamity (Jared vs Yan)
I really enjoy Yan's writing style. There's a chaotic brilliance to his roleplays that makes them enjoyable to read. I also like the exposition in Junior's battle posts. Irrespective of the setting of the battle he maintains and progresses the development of his characters and he does it in a way that contributes to the narrative rather than detracts from it like others that I have seen.
[align=center]Wiki
Posted Image[/align]
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ticho
Member Avatar
Tale-Spinner
I wish to nominate Lilam/Bassolarr as member of the season. Lilam/Bassolarr has done a great job keeping up with updates in my column as well as with rp reports. Lilam/Bassolarr has also been most helpful in general to myself as well as other new members in answering questions about the site.
My Wiki
Online Profile Goto Top

Uriel
Member Avatar
Justice's Hammer
So no repeat noms, huh? Well MOTS gonna give it to Yan.

Battle goes to Bebi vs Damos (Beerus)http://forum.alexsdbzrpg.com/index.php?showtopic=76148

RPOS. Well I can't nominate Gray's and mine so, the Satan, Yamato, Krillin quest, The Dead

http://forum.alexsdbzrpg.com/index.php?showtopic=76267
Whis | Beerus - Today at 12:14 PM
I'm not sure I would have ever said this, but I kinda agree with the Birdman
Online Profile Goto Top

Dabura
Member Avatar
Rex Daemonum
I've only been around since the tail end of July so my apologies if anyone is weired out by what may seem like weird nominations.

Member of the season
I will second Ticho's nomination of Lilim/Basso. He is active on the forum, on Discord, and in cbox and doesn't hesitate to answer questions. Heck, he even offers on his own accord as he did in that AMA thing a few weeks back. He refs a ton of battles and his vit drain system is pretty cool. Dude's committed.

Roleplay of the season
Like a mythical flower that blooms once every decade, our overlord has graced us with an rp. The military dullness that transitions into ominous forebodings and eventually a slaughter. Nah but seriously, I like it. It's succinct, stands on its own, and has just the right pacing.
[align=center]⛧ Wiki | Vault

Posted Image

Check this out and/or PM me if you want to rp together. ⛧[/align]
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rhaemon Targos
Member Avatar
Man Of Honor
Monitors
Member Of The Season:
Tarble has been great. He helps a lot of people out (not me though cause I'm a vet and I don't need no staff's help) took the reigns on the tournament when Rem quit for the 10th time, and has been essentially delegated to oversee the oncoming Patch by Alex.

Honorable Mentions: Whis, Yan,

Fight Of The Season: Bebi vs Damaskos

This is how battles should be at all levels. Back in the day we had a school of thought that said pretty much that "Your actions list/battle notes shouldn't be more detailed than your actual post." This exemplifies that to me. Everything is just really clean presentation wise, mechanics wise it isn't overbearing nor a chore to read or decipher, and the roleplay itself compliments all of these qualities.

Roleplay Of The Season:
Idk I'd have to check.

Suggestion:
I think our activity has spiked back up to the point where we can start doing this monthly again and not every three months because quality threads/battles will be buried and forgotten by the time the next nominations come around.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Elijah
Member Avatar
Experienced Member
Shotgun Blues Pt. 2 Elemento's killing it with his character development and storyline development over on Avalon. They're actually pretty fucking cool if you take some time to read it.

Also going to nominate Yan as member of the month. Above and beyond the most easily accessible moderator from the ones I've tried to contact and always willing to help. (Sorry, Beerus, I don't think I've tried to contact you, at least not yet ;) ) and as always his RP's are top notch. Great RPer, better person.
[align=center]Posted Image
Wiki|Vault
[/align]
Offline Profile Goto Top

Uriel
Member Avatar
Justice's Hammer
Rhaemon Targos,Sep 13 2017
06:39 PM
Fight Of The Season: Bebi vs Damaskos

This is how battles should be at all levels. Back in the day we had a school of thought that said pretty much that "Your actions list/battle notes shouldn't be more detailed than your actual post." This exemplifies that to me. Everything is just really clean presentation wise, mechanics wise it isn't overbearing nor a chore to read or decipher, and the roleplay itself compliments all of these qualities.

I love you.
Online Profile Goto Top

Lilim
Member Avatar
Queen of Demons
Monitors
Only a day or so left, get those nominations in!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kasume
Member Avatar
Demon Diva Hurricane
Monitors
I'll second Eski's nomination for battle.

Member of Season goes to Lilim. He's gone above and beyond especially with these battles going on with Quasar.

For roleplay I think I actually will go ahead and nominate The Village of Kulley written by Alex. It's rare you get to see the admins participate in the game at all and I feel it should be appreciated. I found his RP very simple and focused. It was easy to follow on and get a strong glimpse of what was going on.
Clink Image for Character Profile
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Uriel
Member Avatar
Justice's Hammer
All the Alex suckups :P Now I finally got around to reading it. Very enjoyable.
Online Profile Goto Top

Daji
Member Avatar
Player Site Master
Roleplay: Entrance Exam (Kasume/Jared Miruzuki). Personally, I'm loving the fact that Team Satisfaction is coming back to RP with each other and really push forward with their respective plot lines. Being able to see Kasume and Jared move forward now that their main plot lines have been resolved (or almost resolved) is great to see, even if it was a hair brief!

Battles: The Past Never Fades Away (Tarble/Bulma). Gripping battles and tense airs within them can be difficult to achieve, and while things might have gone horribly, horribly wrong in this fight, I really like the fact that people rolled with the consequences. Battles in the past should always lead to future ones and spark characters forward.

Member: Junior Hiiragi. Dude puts up with so much stuff when things get tense on the site, and sometimes when Alex is difficult to get a hold of, Junior is the one that everyone dumps their issues onto. Made props, man.
Profile;Vault; Location: Earth
Looking to buy equipment? Click Here!
Want to Learn techniques? Click Here!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Beerus
Member Avatar

Super Members
I Believe everything I would have nominated has been already done. If people really want me to nominate something else I will.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Image by Tarble

Beerus' Page
Offline Profile Goto Top

Trunks
Member Avatar
Legend
For the record, I don't agree with giving people rewards just for nominations - people will end up nominating anything just for dat DP.

Having said that, I would like some DP please.

Member: Chaos, because he is the captain of my Alliance and I like my alliance. Chaos is also a pretty cool guy; eh is a strong guy and doesn't afraid of anything.

Battle: Rem vs Junior, because it made Rem quit. Junior the member-killer strikes again.

Roleplay: This one. Tarble is a pretty cool guy, and his RP is normally good so I thought I'd go for this. Why not.
Posted Image
Made by Teira
Wiki
Offline Profile Goto Top

Uriel
Member Avatar
Justice's Hammer
Lol, I almost want to change my battle answer. Rem rage quitting is so close to tipping the scales.
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Pub · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

RPG Chat RPG-D RPGfix eXTReMe Tracker

Back to Alex's DBZ RPG | Back to Main Forum

Black Water created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone