Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Alex's DBZ RPG 5 Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Adel's Trial; medium quest, with Buu
Topic Started: Sep 13 2017, 04:55 AM (447 Views)
Dabura
Member Avatar
Rex Daemonum
Adel's Trial

Difficulty: Medium

Description:

The master of ki energy, Adel has decided you worth of taking his trial. You must learn to control your energy and channel to supreme power. To do this he uses ancient Lost magic to invoke a meteor storm. You must use ki attacks to prevent the meteors from wiping out a village!

Reward: +500 zeni, +5 DP, +40 all stats, +5 Rp Credits

Bonus:+55 all stats, +8 SP, and 1 free Adel taught technique

Requirement: Must have trained with Adel for 2 weeks and must be under 35,000 PL.
[align=center]⛧ Wiki | Vault

Posted Image

Check this out and/or PM me if you want to rp together. ⛧[/align]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dabura
Member Avatar
Rex Daemonum
Meditation was peaceful, and it was an activity befitting the mountain Dabura had made his refuge. The winds were as hard and cold as the rocky crevasses, and even the snow came with the teeth of ice. At its base they had erected the Academy several thousands of years ago, and the mountain was their holy site. Still, in all his stay on Kelioux so far none had disturbed Dabura this high, near the peak.
And yet he was not surprised to find the wind's howl accompanied by the crunching of snow.

"Decided to come down from your throne, have you? Hrmph." Dabura had not bothered to face his visitor, had not bothered to stand, had not even bothered to open his eyes.

His visitor merely smiled. "I visit my students plenty. And you are free to visit me".

Dabura hadn't had much contact with Adel, and their master-student relationship was only one of technicality. The Grandmaster continuously dealt with an influx of students and encouraged them to study of their own accord, with him jumping in to guide where necessary. Dabura had been far too proud and individualistic to approach him, instead choosing to observe from afar.

"State your business." Dabura's eyes opened in irritation. Adel had spoken but two sentences, and already Dabura felt condescended on.

"I have seen your techniques." Adel said as he came round and sat in the snow, legs crossed, in front of Dabura. The demon could see nothing but bushy mustache and the Grandmaster's shades, but he knew he was being appraised in that very moment.

"Your skills with weaponry are only rivalled by your sorcery. Yes, I've seen it." Dabura could not see his lips move, but from his facial muscles he could tell Adel was smiling. "There is nothing I could teach you in the way of the sword, and your magic is so out-worldly that my own knowledge of it would likely be irrelevant."

"But your aptitude in things Ki..." He shook his head. "That will not do. That is the first part of the test, the honing of your Ki into a deadly weapon." He shrugged. "Most likely, not as deadly as your sword or devilish magic. But you are my student, a gifted one, and I will teach you what I can. I will teach you Ki."

He rose and strode past the still sitting Dabura. "Come. There is a small village on the other side of the mountain. The test takes place there."

With a wide jovial grin, he turned and peered over his shades at the demon king. "The second part of the test is that you will not be alone." He snickered amusingly as he hovered into the air.

"Come now, King of the Seventh Circle. You are accustomed to kneelers, to subjects, and the efficiency of sheer power and intimidation. Now you must learn to make allies. Learn, or you and many more will perish.

Adel waved his hand and in a flash of bright white magic - Dabura had never seen its like - they found themselves in a village square. Adel overlooked from above, still hovering, as if waiting for something. Dabura expected Adel was awaiting that second student, whoever it was.

Quote:

Post word count: 538

Quest word count: 538/4,200

Posted Image

Buu
Member Avatar
Experienced Member
The days had been long and for the most part rather dull within the walls of the Academy. It had been more than a week now that Buu had found himself confined within his chambers by order of the Elder. The young demon understood that his confinement was due to him disobeying the orders given to him forbidding his return home until he had trained under the many other masters found throughout the galaxy. However, the temptation to return to his home was too great, and Buu failed his most important test to date. Regardless of the kindness his old master displayed in allowing him to take a special test to gain entrance into the Order the pink demon knew that his childish actions would most likely cost him dearly. Buu had been absent mindedly tossing a ball, he had made from his own body, against the wall of his room for what had to have been hours when a sudden knock upon his door caught his attention. Quickly reabsorbing the ball back into his body the childlike demon hastily made his way to the door eager to greet his first visitor since he had been locked in his quarters.

Hello!

The joy in Buu's voice was matched only by the smile upon his face as he greeted the man who stood in his doorway. The stranger did not seem to feel the same way about this meeting as the young demon however as he stood stoically glaring at Buu not bothering to conceal his contempt for the demon.

Yes... Well it would seem that the Elders have decided to grant you another chance to redeem yourself... They seem to think that it would be cruel to punish someone so err umm young for merely wishing to visit home. While I feel this decision is foolish and far too lenient for one such as yourself the choice was not mine to make. I am simply here to inform you that you are officially free to leave your quarters, as well as relay the message that Master Adel has personally asked for you. He failed to give a location for his whereabouts, however, he apparently feels that you should have no problems tracking him down... I will be watching you demon, and the moment you slip up in the slightest I will personally see to it that you are punished properly.

The strangers threats might have unnerved the young demon more if he had been able to focus on the man's words. Instead Buu was lost to his own bliss having heard that he was free to leave his room, and that Maser Adel wanted to see him was one thing but the fact that he wasn't in trouble anymore was another thing entirely.

Buu be good. Buu promise. Bye bye now.

With that the pink demon pressed his fingers to his forehead and in a flash he was gone from his room and standing before Master Adel. Buu was just about to speak when he noticed that Adel was not alone and beside him stood a great horned man who reminded the young demon of his missing friend Janemba. Buu quickly recovered from the surprise caused by the strangers presence, and offered a greeting.

Hello, Master Adel, Buu here now. How Buu help you?

WC: 554
TWC: 554
TQWC: 1,092
http://www.alexsdbzrpg.info/page/Buu

Dabura
Member Avatar
Rex Daemonum
Dabura was starting to feel like leaving when there was the telltale flash of someone appearing with incredible speed. No doubt this was the second student Adel had referred to. The one who was supposed to be his partner. Dabura crossed his arms and gave him a curt nod. He did not seem like much; small and scrawny looking, as if he were still a child. But Dabura recognized his species as one of a demonic subset. In a way, a very distant way, they were kin. Dabura tried not to be led by appearances, knowing full well they could be extremely deceiving. Pinky seemed to talk of himself in the third person, and referred to himself as Buu.

Adel answered Buu's question. "I have another test for you, Buu." He nodded towards Dabura. "Your new friend Dabura here will be helping you. He's also a student of mine. Say hello, Dabura. Dabura harumphed and waved a hand. Adel's smile widened. "The people in this village will soon be attacked. You must protect them! Adel waved an admonishing finger. "Can you do that?"

Dabura stayed silent but did not object. Buu seemed compliant enough.
"Great! I suspect your foe's identity will surprise you, so get ready!"

The demon king recalled Adel warning him that he'd need to draw upon his Ki for this, but he was having none of it. "Gladius Domini, Manibus Inferi." The sword which had been his since Roman times materialized in his hands in a bright white flash. It had served him well on the sands of the Colosseum and later, after he had it reforged by Ulfberht, on the shores of Britain. It would serve him well here and now, too, against whatever foe Adel had prepared for him.

Suddenly Adel's cape started fluttering, yet there was no wind to be felt. Dabura could tell he was muttering to himself - was this the magic he had referred to? The one that would be so vastly different from his own?

There was no time for fascination or inquiries. Dark clouds were pulled in over Adel's position and blotted out the entire mountain flank of all light. Only the thunder's crackle intermittently lighted the valley and village.

"Your foe will be the very elements themselves!"

Dabura's expression darkened. What the hell kind of test was this?
"Limber up, Buu. I get the feeling we're in for more than a drizzle and some lightning."

Quote:

Post word count: 406
Personal word count: 406 + 538 = 944

Quest word count: 406 + 1,092 = 1,498/4,200

Posted Image

Buu
Member Avatar
Experienced Member
The young demon found it difficult to take his eyes off of the stranger standing at Master Adel's side. The horned man practically dwarfed Buu and if his height wasn't intimidating enough on its own he appeared to have the demeanor to match it equally. For the briefest of moments the pink demon feared that Master Adel was going to have the two of them battle to test their might and wits, however, that did not seem to be the case. The master's voice was all pleasantries as he introduced the stranger as Dabura as a new friend for Buu, and while the sight of his fellow demon still made him nervous the thought of making a new friend sent waves of excitement streaking through him like an electrical charge. Buu enthusiastically returned Dabura's wave with one of his own unable to keep a wide grin from sneaking its way onto his face as he did so. It wasn't until Master Adel mentioned that the people in the village, that the trio found themselves standing in, were in danger that the young demon found his focus once more.

Bad things come? Buu help, Buu keep bad things away from people.

The pink demon's eyes darted around looking for whatever it was that threatened the people of the village determined to the threat before it had a chance to bring anyone harm. While he searched Buu heard Dabura mutter some words that summoned a sword to his hand, and while they were completely foreign to the childlike demon something about them seemed oddly familiar as if their meaning was right on the tip of his tongue. Confusion began to well up inside of Buu as nothing in the area seemed out of place, nothing in his field of view stood out as a possible threat to the village or its people. However, as the young demon turned to question Master Adel fearful that he was overlooking something he saw something the chilled him to the core. Master Adel was stood unmoving muttering to himself as his cape flapped under some mysterious force.

No! No no no, bad very bad...

Buu had spent most of his life within the walls of the Academe, and during that time he had heard tales always told in hushed whispers of what Master Adel was capable of. As the sky overhead darkened so too did the pink demon's mood about the situation at hand. Master Adel had brought them here for one of his tests, and everything Buu knew from the stories told him that the people of the village were in very real danger. The roll of thunder soon evolved to a mighty roar, the very sky seemed as if it were straining to hold itself together. Dabura, seemed more or less unaware as to just how dire their situation had become as he offered Buu some brief words of encouragement as the duo readied themselves to do battle with the very elements that Master Adel had conjured to challenge them.

Buu ready. Buu help Dabura save village.

It was then that a final crack of thunder split apart the sky above to reveal what had been hidden by the clouds. What Buu saw in that moment filled him with a sense of dread unlike that of anything he had felt before. Master Adel had summoned fiery rocks from the very heaven's, with only the demon duo to stop them from destroying the village and everyone within it.

WC: 583
TWC: 1,137
TQWC: 2,081

Dabura
Member Avatar
Rex Daemonum
Plumes of fire were drawn in the sky; space debris tumbling its way through the atmosphere. It seemed Adel had conjured an asteroid field just on the edge of Kelioux' gravity well. Now, slowly but surely, these meteors were headed for the valley on the village's side of the mountain. There was nothing around for miles, and the mountain would protect the Academy and its surrounding hamlets.

The bastard had planned this perfectly. No doubt Adel would intervene should the village fall under any serious threat, but that would mean failure and all its accompanying repercussions. Dabura glanced down at his blade and grit his teeth. It could cut stone just fine. The sword wasn't the issue here, but could he keep up with it? He nodded at Buu when the latter reaffirmed his intention to stay and fight.

"I'll take the vanguard, Buu! Blast whatever gets past me!" The Demon King had never bothered with Ki, not in any worthwhile way. He had always preferred to use more traditional tools of war, as well as the simple benefits of his demon biology. That, and he always had lackeys and vassals to call upon. "Ex puteis infero, te invoco - Gherbos!" As Dabura muttered the incantation, a crimson pentagram slowly seared itself on the village square. Upon completion it shattered a dimensional rift, and from the hole sprung forth Dabura's greatest ally.
Gherbos was Hell's prime Hell Hound and a ruler in his own right, yet he had imprinted on Dabura at birth. The creature seemed almost like a bear in stature, with spiked ridges running along its spine and ending in a serrated tail. Its skin was black with red veins, as if it were made of hot coals, and without fur save for a coat of flames.

Dabura pointed his finger at him. "Stay. Help Buu. Attack rock!" The hound turned for Buu and immediately lowered his snarl into a goofy smile, tongue hanging out and everything. He roared in anticipation and fanned his coat of flames, as if to defy the pouring rain. Dabura could tell he was ecstatic and smiled. "I told you I'd take you topside. Now sic' em!" Ki usage be damned. Excited though he was, Gherbos obeyed his orders and stuck to Buu's heel without taking his eyes off the sky, watching his master dance between the plummeting rocks.

Dabura darted between the smaller ones of the bunch like a zipping red line, shattering them into dust with everything he had. If it continued like this, he did not foresee trouble, as long as Buu and Gherbos managed the bigger ones.

Quote:

Post word count: 437
Total word count: 944 + 437 = 1,381

Quest word count: 2,081 + 437 = 2,518

Posted Image

Buu
Member Avatar
Experienced Member
Blots of fiery destruction sprang into view, just a few at first yet soon the sky was littered with burning space rocks. The more that appeared the more Buu began to understand that nothing about the hushed tales about Master Adel had been exaggerated in fact there was a slight chance that the stories might not had fully done his master justice. What now...? How Buu stop all of that...? Just so so many... A sudden outburst from Dabura shook Buu from his thoughts and helped to clear his mind allowing him to regain his focus. The little demon wasn't completely sure what Dabura had meant by taking the vanguard, but the following orders were clear enough all he had to do was destroy anything his new friend missed.

Buu can do that! Buu make rocks go boom!

Again the towering red demon muttered words that tugged at the corners of Buu's mind something about them just seemed so familiar... If only he could place why... The young demon shook his head as if the act alone would clear the thoughts from his mind for he knew this was neither the time nor the place to ponder on such things. By the time the pink demon got back to the task at hand there before him stood a hellish hound which possessed a massive stature easily dwarfing Buu. Clearly Dabura had given the beautiful creature orders to stick close, but the young demon must have missed the exchange somehow or another while he was lost in his own thoughts. However, the sight of the hell hound had caused the childlike demon to completely lose his train of thought every fiber of his being wanted nothing more than to play with the puppy as Buu had never had a pet of his own even though he had always wanted one.

Oh a puppy! Sooo pretty... Uh... Ummm... If Buu do good ca... can Buu play with Dabura's puppy.

Buu sheepishly looked in the direction of Dabura eyes shifting from the demon king back to the hell hound. Whether Dabura heard his request or not was unclear as his new friend leaped into the sky sword in hand ready to do battle with the sky itself. The pink demon looked on in awe as Dabura seemed to weave a deadly dance of strength and steel as he hacked into the burning stones. The sight of it alone filled Buu with determination to hold up his end of the deal his eyes darting back and forth across the sky looking for anything that might have slipped past Dabura and his blade. The young demon didn't have to wait too long for his moment for soon enough a cluster of space rock broke through their first line of defense hurtling rapidly towards the village. Buu took a deep breath, to steady himself, and lifted his hands towards the sky as he took aim at his target dead set on not letting everyone down.

Buu make you gone!

As his voice echoed against the raging storm Buu unleashed wave after wave of ki that easily turned the rock to dust. Buu can do this... Buu helping.

WC: 531
TWC: 1,668
TQWC: 3,049

Dabura
Member Avatar
Rex Daemonum
He turned after crushing one of the asteroids by smashing it with the sword's pommel. Dabura grinned at Buu's request, odd though it may have been. But after all Buu was a demon so a lack of innate fear for Gherbos made sense. "Puppy...? Well, sure. He'd probably love it. But we make Master Adel happy first!" The demon king felt silly as he tried to mimic the mannerisms of a kindergarten teacher, but Buu looked and acted like a child so terribly well that it almost came naturally to Dabura. Though he'd never admit as much. "Play comes after work, Buu! When the village is safe you and Gherbos get to play all you want."

He went back at it; busting through the smaller rocks at record speed. Behind him, he could hear Buu's enthusiastic squeals as he met the elements with thunder of his own. Heck, it had become difficult to see with all the space dust now hovering in a thick cloud over the village. It stung Dabura's eyes, but Gherbos seemed unaffected. The hulking canine was hopping from one plummeting asteroid to another, crushing the rocks into dust by merely landing his claws into them. Meanwhile he spat lesser Ki beams from his jaw as well, clearly trying his very best to impress his master. Or perhaps the feeling was mutual and Gherbos, too, really wanted to play with Buu. He was technically disobeying Dabura's orders now, but he said nothing of it. Gherbos had always been a fine hunter when he trusted his killer instincts, and he seemed to understand well enough that the whole point was to bust rocks. They worked in tandem - Dabura's aura drawing crimson lines in the starlit sky and Gherbos' mouth blasts drawing yellow ones.

That is when he saw it - a huge meteor almost the size of the village itself came barreling through the atmosphere. The friction's heat gave it the appearance of a huge fireball, as if a wall of flame was on its way. Fire never did faze Dabura, a creature of the flame himself. He dashed for the rock and struck his sword on it at lightning speeds, chipping away at it in a franky irrelevant way. Dabura gritted his teeth as he imagined Adel's glee at watching him from afar right now.

"Blast! Damn it all!" He lowered his stance into a more meditative pose as he called upon the Flames of Hell. His bright crimson aura darkened then, and became lined with an orange, flaming hue.

Quote:

Post word count: 422
Total word count: 1,381 + 422 = 1,803

Quest word count: 3,049 + 422 = 3,471

Posted Image

Buu
Member Avatar
Experienced Member
Dabura had agreed to allow him to play with the puppy and Buu could not recall a time in his life where he was happier than he was in that moment. The great red demon's stipulations mattered little to the child, Dabura could have given him any goal he wanted and Buu would have completed the task or died trying. One by one stone was met with the pink energy that the young demon feverishly pumped into the sky to ensure their destruction. It didn't take long before the entire act of defending the village became nothing more than another game to Buu as he hummed along to the destruction while Dabura and his puppy danced their way through the air likewise putting an end to the burning rocks. All around him Buu could hear the people of the village as they cheered the team on in obvious appreciation for the trio's defense of their homes. The young demon swelled with pride and joy normally the people of this planet showed him little to no kindness or worse yet they would shun him, but not today for today he was a hero in their eyes. However, after a few moments the young demon could feel his power fading as fatigue began to creep up on him and fast. Buu was not accustomed to using his Ki in this amount for an extended period of time, and its effects on him were beginning to show. Determination flooded through the tiny demon, but he had started to notice that it was now taking two or more blasts to destroy a rock that had previously only taken him a single burst of ki. The pink demon's breathing had become labored as each new blast drew more sweat to his brow.

No stop now... Buu must keep... Going... Save People...

It was then that he saw it, a massive burning sphere the likes of which he had never seen, it was as if someone had lit a mountain on fire and hurled it at the village. Buu watched hopefully as Dabura hurled himself towards the new threat only to have that hope filled with equal parts shock and dread as the red demon's sword merely chipped away at the instrument of destruction. All around him Buu noticed that the cheers from earlier had faded away to be replaced with a rising panic. The young demon closed his eyes, took a single slow breathe to steady himself and launched a wave of ki towards the approaching mass. The pink beam of ki raced through the air to meet its target and explode, however, the damage it did was barely noticeable. Uncertainty flickered within the childlike demon his mind reeled as he frantically tried to think of some way to save the village from being crushed beneath a literal mountain of burning stone. Buu glanced at the people around him and in that moment all he knew was that he didn't want them to die, no matter what these people needed to survive this, and that was when his path became clear to him. The young demon's face spread into a grin as he looked at the villagers.

Don't be scared. Buu no let you die.

Buu's attention shifted back towards the giant rock as he lifted his arm up towards the sky. Deep pink energy began to amass within his palm. The sphere of Ki swelled and crackled violently as the young demon was clearly putting everything he had into one final attempt with no regard of what might happen to him as a result. Buu's vision started to blur, and he could feel his footing became unsteady yet still he poured more and more energy into the sphere. It wasn't until the edges of his vision faded to black that the childlike demon unleashed his attack up into the sky above. However, Buu would not last long enough to see the results of his effort as the world rapidly began to fade from view. The pink demon only managed to utter a couple words before the ground below rushed up to meet him.

Buu... Help...

WC: 691
TWC: 2,359
TQWC: 4,162

Dabura
Member Avatar
Rex Daemonum
Dabura doubled his efforts and started chipping away at the flaming meteor once more. Chunks of rock and specks of dust flew up in his face as he hacked on, but overall the king of demons had to be honest with himself. There had been little to no progress in reducing the rock's volume. Right when his irritation reached a boiling point, he smacked headfirst into the rock... Oddly enough it was slowing down. Had his efforts borne fruit? Dabura felt his confidence resurging.

But no. Buu's screams revealed otherwise. The pink demon child was pouring all his remaining energy into a final Ki wave which was braking the meteor's momentum. Dabura looked at Gherbos sternly. "Help Buu, boy!" The hellhound gave a snorty bark in reply as he came crashing down in the village square and, taking his position besides Buu, blasted a bright yellow beam from his gullet up towards the rock.

Dabura glanced down at his sword and scoffed. "If I must. There was a faint white glow, and then the sword had dematerialized again. Solemnly the king of demons touched down, taking his position on Buu's other flank.

"Dominus... Lend me your strength." Lucifer's reply was not far off. He was always there, a silent onlooker but nevertheless always felt present. The Prince of Darkness spoke loud and clearly inside Dabura's head. "Ah, Dabura. My protg. I never took it away. It is yours to call upon, now and forever." As if on cue the Majin rune seared itself onto Dabura's forehead, and its appearance washed away all of Dabura's doubts and wordly troubles. His mind was clear, and for the first time he noticed how harshly Buu was struggling. As if he were on the verge of collapsing.

Dabura wasted no time. "Thank you, Dominus." He drew his hands back and gathered a ball of dark energy, and thrusted it at the wall of flame that was plummeting through the sky.

~

Moments later, the sky was clear. The thick fog of space dust had even gone with it... And where the meteor had once been there now hovered Master Adel with a content grin on his face.

Quote:

Post word count: 363
Total word count: 1,803 + 363 = 2,166

Quest word count: 4,162 + 363 = 4,525/4,200

Quest complete!

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Kelioux · Next Topic »
Add Reply

RPG Chat RPG-D RPGfix eXTReMe Tracker

Back to Alex's DBZ RPG | Back to Main Forum

Black Water created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone