Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Alex's DBZ RPG 5 Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wipe Idea; GO AHEAD AND FLAME ME
Topic Started: Nov 14 2017, 09:15 PM (518 Views)
Trumpet
Member Avatar
NEFARIOUS
Monitors
GO AHEAD AND FLAME ME, IDC. THIS IS JUST AN IDEA/SUGGESTION. I'm 95% sure this will be met with STRICTLY negative criticism, but I had to present it for my own well-being. As I said on discord, this is a LEGIT problem and this is a drastic approach to solving the problem. Every part of this idea would be totally flexible (maybe even we could have site-wide vote on each part of it?).

Make it an site-wide event at first. Something temporary, like a demo. Everyone starts with 100 all stats (raised by certain factors noted below). If it goes over smoothly, we can make it permanent. If not, we can just end the event and everyone goes back to normal, no harm done.

If only as a temporary event, I think this could be kind of fun. It would allow the top guys to have some fun with battling that they might not have had in awhile (being so far out of everyone's league)

So, ways to compensate people.

- +100 all stats for every 20k PL someone already has [Could definitely be made higher.]
- +1 DP for every level someone already has
- +1 trait for every 10 someone already has
- Able to reuse all 1 once items, and alignment/race perks (So HBTC, ToM etc)
- Keep all techniques/items/DP/SP/Zeni/RPC already acquired

These can all be adjusted if people feel it can be made better; the numbers or kind of arbitrary.

---------

Now, an example of what this would look like for the top 10 JUST BASED ON WHAT I SAID ABOVE

1) Beerus 96,000 PL, 167 DP, 900 Det, 196 Char, 481 Int
2) Whis - 68,800 PL, 160 DP, 424 Det, 178 Char, 518 Int
3) Lilim - 56,800 PL, 152 DP, 258 Det, 163 Char, 478 Int
4) Vegeta - 48,000 PL, 126 DP, 256 Det, 419 Cha, 444 Int
5) Chaos - 43,200 PL, 79 DP, 176 Det, 73 Cha, 437 Int
6) Junior - 42,400 PL, 79 DP, 156 Det, 363 Cha, 537 Int
7) Yan Cass - 36,000 PL, 153 DP, 552 Det, 192 Cha, 1015 Int
8) Juch - 31,200 PL, 146 DP, 1018 Det, 266 Cha, 707 Int
9) Jared - 29,600 PL, 61 DP, 551 Det, 103 Cha, 458 Int
10) Leivinia - 28,000 PL, 76 DP, 113 Det, 91 Cha, 430 Int
Posted Image
Siggy By Luka

Cody
"Maybe they aren't scared. Maybe they view me as weak and not worth their time. Maybe i'm the motherfucking tooth fairy too."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Uriel
Member Avatar
Justice's Hammer
So none of my battles, spars, quests etc would make sense. That's really my point. By trying equalize everyone, mid tiers like Ticho, Yamcha, Elemento, myself etc would lose all the progress. I'm being rational in saying that Alex would a lot of members. Think of playing a video game for 50 hours and the file gets corrupted. I don't even want to look at it for a long time. Same thing will happen here.

There are other ways to help newer players.
Whis | Beerus - Today at 12:14 PM
I'm not sure I would have ever said this, but I kinda agree with the Birdman

Ticho
Member Avatar
Tale-Spinner
Posted Image
My Wiki
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Trumpet
Member Avatar
NEFARIOUS
Monitors
Mid tiers wouldn't lose all of their progress. You'd still get the same benefits as anyone above you, albeit less because you'd be losing less. They'd make sense because the drop could be rationalized as an event. For example, a mad scientist utilizes a machine that absorbs power from the entire galaxy, but it becomes too much and it explodes killing him. Now everyone is much weaker but we don't have some impossible NPC to worry about either.
Posted Image
Siggy By Luka

Cody
"Maybe they aren't scared. Maybe they view me as weak and not worth their time. Maybe i'm the motherfucking tooth fairy too."

Hayami
Member Avatar
Twilight Princess
I'm not saying this couldn't work, but. This won't fly.

People that have been here years would lose years of progression if it became permanent. It took me years to get my stats, not months or weeks. Lots of writing, some battling, but mostly writing.

Weakening everyone doesn't show any sign of progress. The top 25 are the top 25 for a reason. Inspiration to get to the top, so to speak. "These are the levels you can get to if you try hard enough". It's like the leaderboards on the old arcade games. Fly Mc Fly got the highest score, and you want to beat him.

Crushing his score down to less than 1% of what it was doesn't look as appealing. The game has been sped up for new people, making it easier than ever to attain power. You just have to work hard. Push ups, sits up, and plenty of juice.

Not saying that's why this was proposed, but I don't see this working in any form. We tried it once before as a "in battle only" thing and very few people found it fun.
Posted Image
Backup Character Sheet -updated for event | Vault

Uriel
Member Avatar
Justice's Hammer
Trumpet,Nov 15 2017
12:01 AM
Mid tiers wouldn't lose all of their progress. You'd still get the same benefits as anyone above you, albeit less because you'd be losing less. They'd make sense because the drop could be rationalized as an event. For example, a mad scientist utilizes a machine that absorbs power from the entire galaxy, but it becomes too much and it explodes killing him. Now everyone is much weaker but we don't have some impossible NPC to worry about either.

Starting back at 500 stats is throwing all my progress out. Btw, that's what we got back in 07 when the strongest member was about 20k or. If this were to happen, Beerus is at 96k so it would have to be a much high starting point.

An event that gets literally everybody pissed off is not going to help. Rationalizing reset with story is still wiping away most of everyone's progress. I'll use my video analogy once more. Someone has been playing a video game for 50 hours and the file gets corrupted. Most people don't even want to look at it for a long time.

Again, I know I'm only mid tier but I've worked very hard to get those stats up for over a year. As someone you often wonder what it would be like if you hadn't left, I would think you of all people would appreciate the work you've put in here.

I know you knew this wouldn't fly. Maybe you're just trying to get the ball rolling about ideas to that could help weaker members, especially new ones.

Trumpet
Member Avatar
NEFARIOUS
Monitors
If you are going to get anything implemented at all, best to start with a crazy idea. Makes everything after that seem more reasonable. ;) I still think it's a good idea, though.
Posted Image
Siggy By Luka

Cody

Goku
Member Avatar

Monitors
The main issue is lack of player retention.

Back in the day newer players were able to get into the thick of things battling wise, RP wise, and lore wise much quicker. Hell, the last class of members in 2012/2013 are for the most part the most active class left because their progression was faster than any class before.

Unfortunately the site still hasn't caught up and let's be honest here, what new member with zero connections would REALLY want to stay here long term? Aside from the most dedicated writers there is no incentive to because the disparity is so great. It regulates members to just RPing and questing with one another.

Battling is supposed to be the biggest draw of the site and hardly anyone does it anymore. That's a problem.

Uriel
Member Avatar
Justice's Hammer
Back in the day you were to get people to stay a year, much 4 or 5. When people join when you got 800 and there were people 60 or 70k that's not a crazy hill to climb? When rejoined then, I would have to write my ass off and hope that top player slacked off. But I wasn't overly concerned who the top players were as long at site was not top heavy. Aside from Beerus, we've got a good mix of power levels. People have always joined and not made a post or left 1-6 months after they joined. The powerful people weren't the cause.

Trumpet
Member Avatar
NEFARIOUS
Monitors
Using 800PL and 70kPL as examples, you started with 1% of the top guys PL. Today, with Beerus at (roughly) 2,400,000 PL, and a new guy starting at a MAX of 5800, you have .2% of his PL.

Using today's training standards, and using myself as an example, with a middle-activity update and no gravity training, I gained 1500 PL (I'm very close to 70k). Someone starting today with 800 PL (use Jiren as an example) gained 800 PL. So he gained roughly half, with no activity at all, and with the exact same amount of activity, would have gained even more because of planet gains.

Beerus this week, other than the +500 from spars , gained 5,000 PL from updating alone. Cell Jr (who is already at 16k PL, not starting stats) gained 1500 PL from updating. Cell Jr gained significantly more than MOST new people would honestly gain from updating alone, and he still earned less than 1/3 as much as Beerus.

There are plenty of more extreme examples I could have used. The ones I picked were just the first ones I thought of, honestly. Ultimately, no, the difference between starting at 800 when the strongest guy was 70k and starting at 5800 with the strongest guy at 2,400,00 is NOT the same.
Posted Image
Siggy By Luka

Cody

Hayami
Member Avatar
Twilight Princess
Who said it was the same?

The issue isn't the disparity between starting and current, but the rate at which the strongest continue to get stronger. Which I'd say is the real "issue".

Just wiping the slate clean would not solve the problem.

Although, I feel a different solution would be more like reducing passive gains from updates for anyone above a certain pl, unless you did something like HBTC, ToM, something limited. Which would make sense, as your body acclimates, you get less out of training.

Which I know won't be popular- people like all the fancy equipment and heights of gravity they ascend to, but its better than a wipe.
Posted Image
Backup Character Sheet -updated for event | Vault

Uriel
Member Avatar
Justice's Hammer
He was talking to me. I was saying that if a new member joins and see a crazy gap of power, 100x or 1,000x, it's still going to look insurmountable.

Trumpet
Member Avatar
NEFARIOUS
Monitors
I'm all for what you're saying Haya. I was responding to Uri. As for you Uri... If someone joined, was kinda active in a week and gained 1k PL, and the top guy was 70k, I'm fairly sure he'd be less discouraged than if that top guy was 2,400,000 lmao...
Posted Image
Siggy By Luka

Cody

Ticho
Member Avatar
Tale-Spinner
I was being humorous last night, but here's my 2 cents on the matter. Not only would an idea like this cause a mass rage quit. It also fails entirely to resolve the problem set forth by its implementation. In fact for guys at my level, it actually becomes counter-productive. This is because items are kept among other things.

You pointed out that the top contenders have higher gains per week than the newbies. Aside from rping, items such as high end equipment and Gravitrons play a big role in these gains. I myself have a Mega Gravitron that would be rendered unusable if this were to occur (forget using the ultra gravitron I'm building). I guarantee it would take those at the top much less time to reach high enough levels to use their Gravitrons though.

This also proves uneven for those who haven't been saving up DP (like I have for the past however many weeks).
My Wiki

Jared Miruzuki
Member Avatar
Galactic Cassanova
Admin
Nah. Not feeling this.
Posted Image

Yamcha
Member Avatar
Veteran Member
I'm also not feeling it, but I'm just glad to be mentioned.
Arqua & Herra Valo of yore. Back with a vengeance.
Wiki

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · Questions / Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

RPG Chat RPG-D RPGfix eXTReMe Tracker

Back to Alex's DBZ RPG | Back to Main Forum

Black Water created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone