Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Alex's DBZ RPG 5 Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Piccolo Custom Item; Pls approve
Topic Started: Jan 30 2018, 06:41 AM (835 Views)
Piccolo
Member Avatar
Veteran Member
Guru's Friendship Bracelet - Must be "Lawful Good" alignment to use. Equipped as an accessory. Cannot be equipped with "Guru's Healing Staff". Allows you to channel to good karma that Guru has built up over the years. Reduces ki cost of all techniques by 2% (cannot reduce below 1%). Increase Namekian Only Techniques by +1DR, does not stack with Guru's Training Outfit. Once per battle you can use the power of Guru against Chaotic Evil characters, adding CE: Blind to one technique. Cannot be equipped with any weapons (including blasters, kunai, etc.)
Edited by Piccolo, Yesterday, 3:52 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Trumpet
Member Avatar
NEFARIOUS
Monitors
I think increasing DR by 3 is a bit much. Maybe 2 is more fair? And increasing Heal to twice per turn is a definite no, I'm sure others will agree. We'll see what they think first though.
Posted Image
Siggy By Luka

Cody
"Maybe they aren't scared. Maybe they view me as weak and not worth their time. Maybe i'm the motherfucking tooth fairy too."
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lilim
Member Avatar
Queen of Demons
Monitors
+3 DR for Namekian only Techniques is probably way too high.
Quote:

Deso-Dragon Blast goes from 4.5 to 7.5
Namekian Nova goes from 6 to 9
Mystic Attack goes from 1 to 4
Tsu No Beam goes from 2 to 5

Additionally, I'm pretty sure there are other ways to boost the DR of Namekian-Only techniques, so there'd be the question of if it all stacked or not.

Also, yeah--customs that mess with Heal in any way, shape, or form is either going to be under a microscope or just flat-out rejected. Using Heal twice per turn is going to be a definite 'no'.
Posted Image
Wiki Profile: Profile Page

Piccolo
Member Avatar
Veteran Member
Happy to change to +2DR and get rid of the extra Heal.

Trumpet
Member Avatar
NEFARIOUS
Monitors
+2 with no Heal is definitely more acceptable. I'm assuming this stacks with Guru's Uniform if you have it? If so... maybe +1 is better?
Posted Image
Siggy By Luka

Cody
"Maybe they aren't scared. Maybe they view me as weak and not worth their time. Maybe i'm the motherfucking tooth fairy too."

Piccolo
Member Avatar
Veteran Member
How about +2 if no uniform equipped, +1 if equipped?

Trumpet
Member Avatar
NEFARIOUS
Monitors
I guess that seems fair to me. Limits you to +2 no matter what, and I don't know another way to upgrade Namekian techs. Let's see what Lilz things.
Posted Image
Siggy By Luka

Cody

Lilim
Member Avatar
Queen of Demons
Monitors
I'd be okay with a +2 max. The issue is the fact that these custom items are a chance to really express yourself and the character you wish to play. I get that canons have like... an expectation to them and all, but at the same time, this feels rather uninspired. Usually, people can get away with a bit more in their custom items due to some of the more unique things they wish to do with them, but when it comes to raw battle power, we have to take a really close look at things, so I apologize if it feels like this item doesn't really do a whole lot due to the constraints we're working with.

I'm going to wait to see if anyone has any objections for a bit, probably a day or two, but I'm fine with the +2 DR cap on these techniques. If you're absolutely sure this is what you want, then I'm fine with it either being +1 DR with uniform or +2 DR without the uniform.
Posted Image

Beerus
Member Avatar

Super Members
Guru's Friendship Bracelet - Must be "Lawful Good" alignment to use. ( This isn't a drawback since you have to have the same alignment for the item it is being attached to.) Must have trained with Guru for 15 weeks. (This would mean you can't even put it up for an item to be approved until that is met. If it has been met then it also isn't a drawback just fluff.) Upgrade to Guru's Healing Staff. Equipped as an accessory. (I am going to assume this is just taking the place of the Guru Staff and that the Staff keeps all its properties?)) Can be equipped with one other accessory in the same slot. (This is a perk that is actually powerful as it says on accessory and so would that make the healing staff like a hardened cap shield? The healing staff is one of the biggest perks of being LG so that would be a no} Increases Namekian Only techs by +3DR. Way to high. Not even logical really to go +3. Maybe +1 at the most and I say maybe since this is adding to one of the best items in the game. )Allows user to use "Heal" twice per turn. (This is almost a guaranteed no since heal is one of the most powerful techs in the game and is limited for a reason.)
Edited by Beerus, Jan 30 2018, 10:42 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Image by Tarble

Beerus' Page

Piccolo
Member Avatar
Veteran Member
So to summarise:

Change DR to +2 without student uniform, +1 if equipped
Remove extra heal

Could include some other drawback such as cannot weild any weapons with the bracelet since Guru's a peaceful type of guy. Extend it to blasters and kunai and the like?

Piccolo
Member Avatar
Veteran Member
Okay I went ahead and edited. Hit me up.

Lilim
Member Avatar
Queen of Demons
Monitors
This is a contradiction. Its an upgrade to the healing staff, which is a weapon, but it states that you cannot equip any weapons. Should probably be modified to state any 'other' weapon.
Posted Image

Trunks
Member Avatar
Legend
The upgrade makes it not a weapon anymore, hence why it's a bracelet. I'll clarify.
Posted Image
Made by Teira
Wiki

Lilim
Member Avatar
Queen of Demons
Monitors
Okay, I must have missed that. Makes sense to me, and yeah, I'm kosher with it now.
Posted Image

Trumpet
Member Avatar
NEFARIOUS
Monitors
Yeah I'm cool with this now I think.
Posted Image
Siggy By Luka

Cody

Yan Cass
Member Avatar
Damaskian RP Guide
I'm still not for allowing this to be equipped as a second item in the accessory slot. Weapons are great sure but so is a debilitator or a dragon's amulet or a vast number of other powerful accessories. There's a reason only items like sashes and belts are allowed to be the second item. This item holds the abilities of the most powerful LG item in the game and you're treating it like an Intelligence Belt...
Edited by Yan Cass, Jan 31 2018, 02:18 PM.
Posted Image
The Monkey | Wiki | Vault

Hiiragi Junior
Member Avatar
Detective Hero
Admin
Equipped with one other accessory? Absolutely not.
Quote:

3 May 12, 09:48 PM Diive: semi's writing slapped me in the face like a biotch

Quote:

26 Jul 12, 01:28 PM
Tien: *sucks off Kimmy before she can hit* bad. stoppit

Click Sig for Profile
Posted Image

Lilim
Member Avatar
Queen of Demons
Monitors
Those are some good points. In that case, we should have that perk removed as well. Were there any other objections?
Posted Image

Hiiragi Junior
Member Avatar
Detective Hero
Admin
“ Increases Namekian Only techs by +2DR. If Guru's Student Uniform is equipped, +1DR instead.“

So based on this one shouldn’t even bother putting on the uniform. Honestly I would make it so if the uniform is on then once per battle you can make one Namekian only move increase by +2 DR. Having that be as a floating effect for all your namekian only moves isn’t really ok by me. The other approach is this accessory let you increase the DR by 1 once per battle with the uniform allowing this an additional two times
Quote:

Quote:

Click Sig for Profile
Posted Image

Piccolo
Member Avatar
Veteran Member
Okay, since we're in a nerfing mood:

Guru's Friendship Bracelet - Must be "Lawful Good" alignment to use. Must have trained with Guru for 15 weeks. Upgrade to Guru's Healing Staff (no longer considered as a weapon / staff) and Guru's Student Uniform (consumes both). Equipped as an accessory. Twice per battle can be used to boost a Namekian-only tech by a further +1DR. Cannot be equipped with any weapons (including those equippable with fisticuffs) due to Guru's peaceful influence.

Cell
Member Avatar
High Roller
Please clear some things up for me so I can better understand. You wish to convert the 5 token Guru Staff into this custom item accessory and retain all of its benefits while also being able to pick up the benefits of fisticuffs and advanced fisticuffs yes? This would negate any wep tech's you have learned but give you quite a boost over all with the benefits associated with those special abilities while retaining the meat and bones of Guru's staff. I'm not really keen on the benefits of that item being stripped for use with a custom item. I would imagine when that weapon was created it was never intentioned for someone to try and take its benefits with a custom and mix it with fisticuffs. If that is not what you are doing or your intention please correct me. But as I understand it now I'm a firm no on this. I appreciate the creativity and I support customization, but while custom items are supposed to be a good perk in their own right my fear is we blur the line to much and cause balance issues. I look forward to being swayed on this if my thought process is in error, but I would be remise if I did not bring up what I thought.
Posted Image

Trunks
Member Avatar
Legend
It basically lets me use the staff while having fisticuffs... which I wouldn't say is better than a lot of the other custom items on the site.

I also need to actually spend the 5 tokens, so not avoiding any cost there. Also worth noting that the staff was created before fisticuffs was even a thing.
Posted Image
Made by Teira
Wiki

Cell
Member Avatar
High Roller
Trunks
Feb 2 2018, 10:45 AM
It basically lets me use the staff while having fisticuffs... which I wouldn't say is better than a lot of the other custom items on the site.

I also need to actually spend the 5 tokens, so not avoiding any cost there. Also worth noting that the staff was created before fisticuffs was even a thing.
Fair enough, so basically my thoughts were in line with your intentions. My opinion itself still stands, but the good thing is majority rules. I do hope you get some iteration of what you want, but as of now that is my stance.
Posted Image

Hiiragi Junior
Member Avatar
Detective Hero
Admin
I'm very firmly against blurring the line between fisticuffs/weapon users with an item like this. If you want to upgrade the staff that's cool but it needs to remain a weapon still. I won't accept it any other way.
Quote:

Quote:

Click Sig for Profile
Posted Image

Piccolo
Member Avatar
Veteran Member
Anyone else wanna weigh in on this? 2-2 as it stands I guess, since Yan didn't say one way or the other.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Trophy/Customs Requests · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

RPG Chat RPG-D RPGfix eXTReMe Tracker

Back to Alex's DBZ RPG | Back to Main Forum

Black Water created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone