Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Alex's DBZ RPG 5 Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
Particiregum; Tarble's Custom Item
Topic Started: Mar 12 2018, 03:07 PM (2,442 Views)
Tarble
Member Avatar
The True King
Particiregum [The Link of Royalty]: Eqipped as an accessory. The True King has always had a companion by his side. A woman to call his own, to breed his children, to bring about a legacy spanning centuries upon centuries. This was his Socium. However, the link goes beyond romance. The link became symbiotic, and through that, spurred on a new type of strength. One that only forged when the True King and his Socium were together.
  • When Tarble roleplays with his Socium in any capacity (spars, battles, quests, PRPs, and PSs), both of their gains are increased by 15% (treated as Champion for calculations, but only applies to battle bonuses before the opponent's PL is added on). These stack with Adventurer and Champion. This does not boost Zeni, RPC, nor Token gains. Tarble also cannot battle against his Socium, only spar.
  • When Tarble partner trains with his Socium, both of them gain +2 SP and +3 DP. They also gain the ability to Mental Image Train, allowing them to partner train while meditating (the +2 SP & +3 DP applies to this type of training, since they're partnered, but Demon partners will not have it doubled from this due to their racial passive).
  • SWITCHING: Tarble can switch his Socium once every four months, but at the sacrifice of benefiting from the item's buffs one month after the switch. The only exceptions to this is if the character is removed from the roster or if the current Socium watas to a new character, in which it will only be free if he switches to the new character that was wata'd to. The Socium cannot be a Second Soul or Tri-Soul of Tarble's.
Edited by Tarble, Mar 24 2018, 12:53 PM.
Character Sheet | Vault | Tarble's Edits
Posted Image
Signature Made by Asami
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aria
Member Avatar
ADBZ Tournament 2015 Champion
The first part I'm going to have to say no, because its.... Its me. The point of custom items is for it to be different and custom to you. I'm sure you can't create a custom that is someone else's custom. Everything else is different and I don't disagree with those other two traits as much as the first one.

If you want gravity gains like that come to Grace. That's just simple.

The second one is fine. The third one might need some debate first, so I'm going to wait on other people to chime in on it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Trunks
Member Avatar
Legend
Not a staff, but...

The first part to your response in regards to the first part of the custom, gonna have to say no because its... Its not you. If you'd created a custom that was just gravity, sure, that's you. But you're using the fact that your two customs share maybe two similarities (one that it's a planet) and taking that to mean that you can't have anything like that.

By your logic, nobody else can have a weapon with any kind of level or added damage because Kilborn has a blade. By your logic, nobody can have any items that reduce ki usage because Piccolo has one. You do not own mechanics, no matter how much you might like to think that you do.

If you want gravity gains, get a gravitron. That's just simple.

If you want a custom item that's custom to your character, that you've put work in to and want to actively use in your RPs, whilst also having gravity, then pay $300 and get a custom item. Oh, wait, he did, just like you. You're not a unique snowflake dear, and nor is your item.

but i'm not a staff so yeah whatevs.
Posted Image
Made by Teira
Wiki
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aria
Member Avatar
ADBZ Tournament 2015 Champion
You are right. You aren't staff. So you wasted finger muscles. It has been discussed clear enough on Discord, but thanks for your input. ;)

Anyway, I didn't "pay" $300 dollars, I donated it for the good cause of the site. It clearly says custom items are unique, so there should not be a duplication of any part of a custom item. He can make a planet, that is no issue. The issue is the perks the planet has. I'm always interested in Tarble's lore it is really top tier reads. I would rather he did not have any of my perks though.

That's all.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grimlok
Member Avatar

Monitors
I just want to throw this out there as it doesn't exactly feel like "your" perk. Tarble's item requires a gravitron to be installed to make use of the higher gravity where your item just kind of does it. While the end result may be the same it's not obtained by the same means. Just not exactly sure how I feel about you claiming it is your perk just because both items have a means to get to the best gravity obtainable. Just my thoughts on the matter at the current moment.
http://www.alexsdbzrpg.info/page/Grimlok
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vegeta
Member Avatar
Protector of the Galaxy
I'll review this when I get home. If the issue is the gravity I'll state this clearly. Planet Gravity is not unique to any given item. If it's being denied on the basis that Grace has planet gravity I don't really see how that's going to hold up. As far as "come to Grace" if it is impossible for you to pick and choose who gets to stay via outpost sneaks then that would be a valid statement. And I would agree. If you do have an outpost then I don't agree. If it's just x220 that you have an issue with them Tarble choose a different value.
Posted Image

Wiki||Vault||The Saiyan Empire
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bassolarr
Member Avatar
KING OF THE RING
Monitors
A custom planet with the maximum-obtainable gravity as planet gravity doesn't sound truly 'unique' enough, if I'm being perfectly honest. The part where Grace travels around from place to place, though, that does sound unique, so that'd be the part that I would contest, but that's not what Tarble is trying to achieve. Like, what the site means by 'unique' when it comes to custom items are things that do 'unique' things. Taking planet gravity to an extreme level doesn't seem 'unique' to me, if I'm being honest. Plus, the method to which Tarble is getting that gravity is different--Grace has a power to it that can just manipulate gravity on a whim, whereas Tarble's seems to operate in a more mechanical/technological fashion.

Like, I don't mind if custom items have 'similar' things going on with other items, so long as they're differentiated to some degree. Tarble's seems different enough to warrant at least being a little similar, honestly.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Abo
Member Avatar
ADBZ Senpai
I'd honestly say no to the first part, but for.. different reasons. Yes, it's already an item. So one one hand, it's supposed to be unique... but on the other hand, just go to Grace you dingus. You're wasting your custom item. It's not even a matter of unique. Why not get something... different? Buy a normal planet, and buy a custom item to put on that planet. Or a custom ship. Or a custom henchman. Gravity isn't really unique, I'd argue, and the cool part about Grace is how it can move like a ship. To make it on par it also gives more gains for RPs, and the gravity is nice too but not OP since a ship can do the same thing. But you'd be wasting your custom item, in my opinion, if you want this.

Also don't forget you do gotta buy a custom item if you're starting over.
Edited by Abo, Mar 12 2018, 06:16 PM.
Android 18
26 Aug 13, 02:27 AM
Aya: TAKE SOME COCK UP YOUR BUTT.
1 Sep 13, 05:28 AM
Aya: I was thinking about fisting.
20 Oct 13, 10:11 PM
[ÔŅĹ] [o] Bardock: i could imagine her starting to do it and you're all like "that's cool and imma let you finish, but i gotta approve this update while you're at it"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lord Slug
Member Avatar
It has my approval....end of discussion.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yan Cass
Member Avatar
Damaskian RP Guide
I'm not saying I'm against Tarble's planet having max gravity, but is like every custom user planet gonna have max grav now lol That's the only issue I see with allowing it and the uniqueness part of it. it's like why wouldn't you?

If it's not a "unique" perk, I'd still say it's a hefty costing perk. Grace gets buffed gains and can move about. Buffing spar gains is really similar to that though weaker, but having an henchman in addition to this is a huge no go for me. like talk to me about that without the planet gravity, and even then the henchman probably needs seriously looked at. he can't be targeted and more than likely has way more power over the owner which would be an entirely new henchie mechanic. We have had unique henchman in the past but they weren't this good by themselves.

also, go buy a custom item. at least aria spent 300$ and 4kz LOL (*goes and hangs out in Trunks City*)
Posted Image
The Monkey | Sheet | Vault
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tarble
Member Avatar
The True King
Alright, so I talked to a portion of the staff about this, mostly Revan, Grace, and Vegeta.

This was a good choice, and I was very happy to see the criticisms that came to the table. While there are some things I do not agree with, I can concede the concept of a planet for a custom item. I spoke with Grace about it privately, and I agreed that I could stand to do something more unique with my custom item. Rex Cathedrae will still exist in some capacity because it does have something to do with my story, but working on my custom item is something that shoule be unique to me. Therefore, this custom item shall be switched to a custom ship I have designed.

I kept the gravity aspect since we seem to have come to a pretty solid consensus that it doesn't need to be removed from item. I'll be making it with this in mind.

That being said, the new item is edited in. Feel free to take a look!

Posted Image
Signature Made by Asami
Offline Profile Goto Top

Anat
Member Avatar
Customs Reviewer
Monitors
Yanís item actually does this. Not saying no just saying itíd have to be similar in balance to that item or else itís one upping. Yanís item lets him RP on another planet, but he canít solo RP. The discussion focused on how the item was mostly just so he could rp with friends while being stuck.

This is a bit different, and itís more like circumventing travel completely. In regards to taking others with you, I mean. It also isnít really explained but how are you guys in two places at once? If you want to take others with you, it could work like Whisí where you can IT multiple people. But thatís basically just an infinite jump drive. Which Iím down for but just wanted to point it out
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tarble
Member Avatar
The True King
We talked about this on Discord and I've got a new aspect we've discussed. Was unaware Yan's item did that, I don't want to copy it so we got a new aspect in mind.

Here it goes!
Posted Image
Signature Made by Asami
Offline Profile Goto Top

Abo
Member Avatar
ADBZ Senpai
As he said, we talked on discord. I'm okay with this. I'd like to see it a bit more organized, like instead of "it does this and this and also this oh yea this too." More like "It's this one coherent item that does this. Since its this item, it can also do this by this."

I guess RP fluff to connect the ideas. Idk. Make it seem more like one item rather than 4 tiny ones. But balance wise im okay with it
Android 18
[ÔŅĹ] [o] Bardock: i could imagine her starting to do it and you're all like "that's cool and imma let you finish, but i gotta approve this update while you're at it"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bra Brief
Member Avatar
True Legend
Wow, I posted a whole big thing, but I deleted it. I like this. It's just enough perks for a custom item and its cool.
Edited by Bra Brief, Mar 13 2018, 04:12 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hiiragi Junior
Member Avatar
Detective Hero
Admin
incoming Yu-Gi-Oh speak

Ok so basically you're a link monster and this lets you summon a link monster next to your link marker to get +15% RP gains, +stat gains in training, +1 DR in battle. If your linked monster gets destroyed in battle or by effect reduce your gains by 5 and 5%, which lets you still net gain 10% and 20 base. Once per 4 months you can send your current linked monster to the graveyard to summon another link monster to next to your link marker to re-activate link gains.

I think I'm ok with this somehow but still it is basically Grace in ship form. My only question is what's your Link number and how does one Link Summon Tarble. :huh:
Edited by Hiiragi Junior, Mar 13 2018, 04:38 PM.
Quote:

3 May 12, 09:48 PM Diive: semi's writing slapped me in the face like a biotch

Quote:

26 Jul 12, 01:28 PM
Tien: *sucks off Kimmy before she can hit* bad. stoppit

Click Sig for Profile
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yan Cass
Member Avatar
Damaskian RP Guide
Once again, if you're gonna have max planet gravity then the third perk might be too much. Also if you're trying to make planet gravity portable that's a big no for me too.
Edited by Yan Cass, Mar 13 2018, 05:04 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Abo
Member Avatar
ADBZ Senpai
I think the third perk is the main perk of the item and the rest are add ons. Do you mean take out the not needing to recover in gravity? I suppose that should be removed, yea
Android 18
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tarble
Member Avatar
The True King
Planet gravity is already portable with Grace, and this is more so pushing a Gravitron to its maximum. It's a ship now. Beyond the 'not resting' clause, it's functioning as a normal ship would anyway.

And Junior, I talked to you on Discord, but I'll put up my example here as well for the sake of those dank references:
Quote:

RP w/ You: 115% gains (100 + 15)
RP w/o You: 95% gains (100 - 5)

Partner w/ You: +72 all stats (42 + 30)
Partner w/o You: +32 all stats (42 - 10)
Posted Image
Signature Made by Asami
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yan Cass
Member Avatar
Damaskian RP Guide
Youre on Earth doing the abundance of Earth quests and getting x220 gravity gains with no rest week. Grace is not portable. It has no quests, and if it gets them they will be limited in number and items. Trumpet literally just posted in my item "You wanna sit on Grace for max planet gravity while you can do every quest you want." (i praphrase cause i'm on my phone) This is the exact same problem.

I really like 2 & 3 tho.
Edited by Yan Cass, Mar 13 2018, 05:10 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tarble
Member Avatar
The True King
Week 1: Quests and ship gravity training.
Week 2: Quests and ship gravity training.
Week 3: [IT to Grace] PS and planet gravity training.
Week 4: [IT to Earth] Quests and ship gravity training.

Grace offers instant planet gravity without rest, so you could just as easily spend your week there for a quick rest week boost.

In spirit of what I just described to you, I wouldn't mind giving it a nerf for the sake of fairness. You make a sound argument, so I want to honor that.
Proposed Nerf

After a player uses Sicutregis for gravity training 2 weeks in a row, they can choose to train without rest. However, as a result, the player will not be able to go on quests for the 'rest week', dedicating their time entirely to gravity training beyond their normal limits.
How does this sound to people?
Posted Image
Signature Made by Asami
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tarble
Member Avatar
The True King
http://forum.alexsdbzrpg.com/topic/9048565/1/#new

I now have my Custom Item, so this can be reopened.
Posted Image
Signature Made by Asami
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jeice
Member Avatar

Monitors
Is the Partner Training portion amplified by the Mentor Passive?
Posted Image
Trumpet's SS
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tarble
Member Avatar
The True King
I want to say they can't stack for the sake of fairness. It would be too much to have Mentor and this imo.

I wasnt planning on getting that, but it should be stated for sure.
Posted Image
Signature Made by Asami
Offline Profile Goto Top

Beerus
Member Avatar

Super Members
Sicutregis: The mighty vessel of the True King. An ancient machine lost to time until the recent ascendance of the True King, the machine only reacts to the King's blood. Therefore, it can only be used by him.

- THE GRAVITY CORE: Sicutregis harnesses the gravity core of Rex Cathedrae, its planet of origin, to provide a constant gravity that Gravitrons cannot usually handle the strain of. Players can gravity train without resting when utilizing this ship (must have permission from the owner to use, of course). So the vagueness of "Gravity that Gravitrons can't handle" makes it sound like you can pass regular caps. Also as stated before rest weeks are mechanics. Even with Grace if you leave you are supposed to have an off week of gravity after from the last thing I heard. Either way that item is that item and not this item.

- THE CAPACITY OF PERFECTION: The ship can hold up to 10 people at once. It functions as a planet's Training Center, can be upgraded with up to five planet add-ons (Civilizations will not count toward the total, but still need to be bought in the sense of fairness), and a Titan Gravitron. Planet Upgrades? So you could have a flying Outpost? Hospital or Factory I would be ok with, but not just 5 whatever you desire upgrades. Off the top of my head I could see this quickly become a mobile sneak machine.

I felt that feedback and then at the same time just think to myself, just get a behemoth then, so I'm not against listening to balance on this.

- THE ROYAL LINK: Tarble can appoint a symbiotic link of energy with someone of his choosing. This Link Partner receives added benefits when doing activities with him, but Tarble suffers when he is without his Link Partner.

When roleplaying with his Link Partner, they both receive +15% to all gains. However, if he completes a thread without his Link Partner, Tarble's gains are reduced by -5%. Any kind of Roleplay? Would Spars/Battles ect also be impacted because pretty much if you get an RPC it is a roleplay
When partner training with his Link Partner, they both receive an extra +30 all stats. However, if he trains by himself (meaning Solo / Heavy Training), his gains are reduced by -10 all stats. This buff cannot stack with the Mentor passive. Master Training?
When battling alongside his Link Partner, if they both use the same technique in the same turn, both of their attacks get a boost of +1 DR (they must both be used before the enemy defends against one). This boost will only trigger once per turn. Their Attacks includes everything from Physical Techs, Weapon Techs, Fundamental Attacks, Advanced Attacks, Specials and Finishers? Even level 20 perks like Ki Manipulation stats Ki Attacks, while others stipulate fundamental and advanced techs. Just want to know if the intent is legit every attack.
Tarble can switch his Link Partner under two conditions: 1.) if it's been 4 months since he last appointed a Link Partner, or 2.) the character he was Link Partners with has gone inactive for a month / been removed from the site / has changed characters. Also I feel like if the Link is broken on someone who doesn't go inactive/removed it should have some repercussions. Also if the character that is linked Wata's I think that should be a free switch if you are just switching to their new character unless that was the intent.

The Royal Link is an Interesting idea. Almost worth a custom all of its own just on that part. Needs to be clarified can't be used with Second or Tri Soul.
Edited by Beerus, Mar 20 2018, 12:02 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Image by Tarble

EVERYBODY wants to be a BEAST, until it is time to do what real BEASTS DO!

Beerus' Page

Theme Video
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Trophy/Customs Requests · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

RPG Chat RPG-D RPGfix eXTReMe Tracker

Back to Alex's DBZ RPG | Back to Main Forum

Black Water created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone