Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Alex's DBZ RPG 5 Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
My 2018 Site Resolution
Topic Started: Mar 16 2018, 10:41 AM (310 Views)
Whis
Member Avatar

So I want to make sure the confusion is lessened this year.

If you have ever been in a serious battle or reffed one, you know how annoying having something you planned on beung legal suddenly being ruled that you understood it wrong or were told wrong by someone else in the past. Let's be blunt that sucks.

So here is my 2018 goal for the site. Let's end the confusion. It's annoying. Here is how we can do It. We work together.

This is the goal of this thread. Let's review rules, mechanics tech descriptions and try to find out how they can be confusing. It won't be a simple process and not something 1 person can do we need a team effort. No blind loyalty to your own personal cause just a look to make things easier on us all.

This starts with the Undocumented Ruling Thread which I will link once I get home.

The second is bringing up things you or you think someone else might have confusion about. Please reply with those things.

It is important to note that an up to date admin forum is in the works so we won't be looking for rulings here just more interpretation of techs and mechanics. That admin thread will be linked once it is finalized. Still nothing here becomes law until an Admin signs off on it.

Note : This will not turn into a flame fest, previous battle complaint thread or a troll thread. If you do any of that I'm just going to forum warn you, ignore your post and delete your post. Please help out with confusions and we can try to clarify after we get a list together.

Also I am not the end all be all of this, it's best that we have a consensus and a United front to make sure Alex says it's ok and doesn't just tell us no you are wrong.
Edited by Whis, Mar 21 2018, 04:52 PM.
Column 4 on lock down since 2013.
Feel free to contact me to work with Quests and Spars. Oh and if I do something wrong, just tell me!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Siggy by Tarble

Character Page
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Whis
Member Avatar

Issues to discuss: (will be updated as things are brought up)
Feel free to contact me to work with Quests and Spars. Oh and if I do something wrong, just tell me!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Siggy by Tarble

Character Page

Whis
Member Avatar

Techs: Not going to look over them all just want to confirm what I can see might be a question. Just starting this list.

Fundamental Possible Questions:

- Mesposo and Suiken: Cannot be dodged. Per Admin Rulings that includes IT.
- Aura Shot and Boar Attack: You need to know Aura, but you don't need Aura Active at the time of Use.
- Beam Ball, Energy Dan, Mouth Blast Barrage, Double Energy Wave: Techs that can hit multiple opponents or 1 person only get Harder to dodge labels if more than 1 blast comes at them.
- Moonshine Blast - I think this forces a Saiyan to transform into Oozaru. This might need to be looked at as I'm not sure how it interacts with other transformations.
- Double Assault - Only takes 1 actions to defend. The benefit is that it does more damage if it hits.
- Blood Sigil - Only 1 Sigil at a time. This includes if 2 people have the ability they both can't use it. 1 in TOTAL.

Advanced Possible Questions:
- Race or Alignment Only Techs: This means you have to have the Race or Alignment in order to Learn and Use it.
- Tri-Beam: When interacting the Vitality Used isn't reduced by Ki Reduction, but it also acts as More Ki for Tech Interaction.
- Any of the Multi Blast Techs: See Beam Ball, Energy Dan, Mouth Blast Barrage, Double Energy Wave above.
- Iaigiri, Purple Spiril Flash Attack : If one person charges or doubler they both have to charge and doubler it. Again 1 action to defend even though 2 people are combining. The perk of the techs is the higher DR for the Team Tech. Also only 1 person should give Bonuses to DR. This might need confirmed.
- Stuns/Traps/Action Reducing Techs: They all are Stuns per recent ruling. Just confirming that here as well.
- Deca and Tri Form: These techs can't be used reactionary. You can't split up to allow only 50% of you to take a massive blast or bring back together in order to make a multi-target a single target.
- Planet Cracker - Should be added with Telekinesis that it makes it harder to dodge.
- Solar Flare - You can cover your eyes to lower to crit chance, but the tech still has its effects. Only items that specifically say they counter it counter it.

Finisher Possible Questions:
- Neo Tri-Beam: See Tri Beam
- Body Bind: Being that it is the last action you still defend your entire turn. Defending this tech stops its effect, if not defended your next turn you have 0 actions. (Purposed Change possibly coming)
- Kinjutsu No Ken : This states if your opponent's defenses are weakened, but that isn't clarified what that means. Need Clarification. My guess is it would be based on damage taken.
- Spirit of the People : This is Spirit Bomb effect on a Sword. It has the uses of Spirit Sword and the Crit of Spirit Bomb.
- Time Freeze: This allows for 3 uninterrupted actions. Not for you to simply stun your opponent for 3 actions. Can be used to move people around on the battle field, dodge, power up, use item without interruption.
- Any of the Multi Blast Techs: See Beam Ball, Energy Dan, Mouth Blast Barrage, Double Energy Wave above.

Power Ups:
- Body Shield : Negates single action combo's, but doesn't impact rushes.
- Flames of Hell : Only 1 Stat can be flamed and the effect doesn't stack with itself.

IT Dodge vs: I guess this is a discussion because what is being told to me doesn't make sense. (THIS IS TO BE REVIEWED)
Single Target: An ability with 1 person as a target. This is just IT Dodged per the rules of IT
Multi Target: Specifically Targets X Number of People. You have to deal with attacks aimed at you before you can help another. This targets each of you.
AOE: Hits the entire battlefield, allies included. You can grab 1 other person and get out with IT, but they have to accept the Dodge. They must post first moving to you and relying on your IT.

Edited by Whis, Apr 17 2018, 05:29 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Siggy by Tarble

Character Page

Anat
Member Avatar
Customs Reviewer
Monitors
For IT dodging, you can IT dodge one other person but they must spend an action to accept it. However, in the case of AoE, you must deal with your attack before dealing with someone elseís. Or rather, you must react before you react.

I think itís been ruled that you can in the past but thatís irrelevant. But I think you should be able to (with possibility of failure like anything else.) basically, Person B uses his defensive action to move to person A. That was his defensive action and if person A doesnít use IT, person B is screwed. Now person A uses his defensive action to IT then out of the way.

So Person B would have to post first, which they can obviously change posting order. But runs the risk of Person A being 24íd or whatever.

I think itís fine this way.

For Kinjutsu no Ken, it simply means itís a finisher. That was added before the ruling where finishers required 4 posts before using your finisher. You can just use it as per normal finisher rules

For Moonshine Blast, it just forces Ouzaru. Even if you're in SSJ, you transform into an Ouzaru. Those without tails are immune. I think we should force players to keep track of their tails. I could Moonshine Blast Trunks and he could say "No im immune i dont have my tail." And its like. "Oh I wish i knew that before i wasted an action." Should be kept on wikis.

For Deca and Tri Form, actually, why couldn't you? If someone charges a Kamehameha for 5 actions, I don't see why you couldn't use deca form and have the other split. The first deca dies and you're suffering 50% damage for it. Or even if someone uses Kamehameha and you use tri-form to take it, you're still losing 33% of your HP. That's probably more or as much as you would take while blocking.

What I want to know is, after watching that Lilim battle... if a tri-form dies, and you're healed, do you go back up to 100% or to 66%? Like you lost 1/3rd of you. Your essence. Should that set your max HP to 66%? Or is it just like 'lol no' and it's as if nothing happened?
Edited by Anat, Mar 21 2018, 08:57 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Chaos
Member Avatar
The Cosmic Emperor
When i lost a triform i lost 1/3 all stats for the rest of the battle iirc. Which makes sense.
Posted Image
Wiki | Vault | Theme
sig crafted by Tarble

Android 18
Member Avatar
ADBZ Senpai
That actually does make a lot more sense. Thanks for that insight tbh
Android 18
26 Aug 13, 02:27 AM
Aya: TAKE SOME COCK UP YOUR BUTT.
1 Sep 13, 05:28 AM
Aya: I was thinking about fisting.
20 Oct 13, 10:11 PM
[ÔŅĹ] [o] Bardock: i could imagine her starting to do it and you're all like "that's cool and imma let you finish, but i gotta approve this update while you're at it"

Anat
Member Avatar
Customs Reviewer
Monitors
So yea I was looking through old customs because it helps me think of ideas for new customs and I found this post by me: http://forum.alexsdbzrpg.com/single/?p=451295&t=1111844

It basically supports what Chaos is saying that you lose half your stats. With that in mind I don't see why you couldnt use deca form as a defense. Especially since it doesn't say you can't. You'd just be losing half your stats so its like, why would you?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jordan
Member Avatar
Eternal Lifeguard
Monitors
Same boat as Chaos, but i used Deca and just lost the stats for the rest of the battoh.
"Death smiles at us all, the only thing a man can do is smile back." -Gladiator

Wiki | Vault | Theme

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Questions / Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

RPG Chat RPG-D RPGfix eXTReMe Tracker

Back to Alex's DBZ RPG | Back to Main Forum

Black Water created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone