Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Alex's DBZ RPG 5 Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Custom Technique
Topic Started: Apr 11 2018, 04:34 AM (77 Views)
Fasha
Member Avatar
Fasha
Advanced Technique: Blood Boil
Filled with an uncontrollable rage, Fasha sends out red electricity from both hands. The electricity travels incredibly fast through the air, coursing through electrons to its primary target. There it can arc between all available targets, taking the path of least resistance to the closet conductive object.
When hit by the electricity it will course through an opponent’s body, traveling through the most conductive route – the blood vessels. This causes the blood to raise in temperature, denaturing the proteins and causing systemic but microscopic damage, as well as unimaginable pain.
-Can target multiple opponents.
-Speed boost of 50% for the technique to the primary target
-DR 5
-Critical Effect: Burn
-Ki Drain 11%
-2 Action Cost
-SP Cost: 12 SP
Posted Image
The Pacific -Nominee for RP of the Year 2017
Liberation
The Regime pt. 1
Wiki
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Anat
Member Avatar
Customs Reviewer
Monitors
We talked on discord and got this to a better state. I like this. It might be doing a tad too much, but I'm not saying remove it. Maybe tweak it a bit. For example:

There's the base technique. Anything that just has this likely sucks.
The CE. Now we're at the custom tech level.
The multi-target. Combined with a CE is a bit tricky, but Burn isn't too strong so it's fine of course.
The speed boost. Alone it's fine, I even suggested it, but together it's like. Ehhhh.

I suggest not removing anything! But rather, adding in one of two conditions.

1) If it doesn't hit the first person, the others don't have to defend. Chain lightning doesn't work if it misses the target after all.
-OR-
2) The speed is increased for the first person. However, for the others, it actually moves slower by 25%.

These two changes don't affect the technique in whatsoever in a 1v1, because these changes are trying to curb the tech from being overloaded. In a 1v1, the "multi-target" has no power, so there is no need for it to be curbed in that scenario. Only in group battles does it have a bit too much going on and these changes would bring it back in line

Please reply in a new post and do not edit your original post, since the others haven't seen it yet
Edited by Anat, Apr 11 2018, 06:32 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fasha
Member Avatar
Fasha
Filled with an uncontrollable rage, Fasha sends out red electricity from both hands. The electricity travels incredibly fast through the air, coursing through electrons to its primary target. There it can arc between all available targets, taking the path of least resistance to the closet conductive object.
When hit by the electricity it will course through an opponent’s body, traveling through the most conductive route – the blood vessels. This causes the blood to raise in temperature, denaturing the proteins and causing systemic but microscopic damage, as well as unimaginable pain.
-The speed is increased for the first person. However, for the others, it actually moves slower by 25%.
-DR 5
-Ki Drain 11%
-2 Action Cost
-SP Cost: 12 SP

Posted Image
Liberation
The Regime pt. 1
Wiki

Aka
Member Avatar
ADBZRPG Guru
Looks good to me. I'm actually gonna be proactive and advocate for ya. If this seems too OP to anyone, in the sense of "How do you defend against internal damage?" Keep in mind how quickly our wounds heal in DBZ. Cells hella rejuvenate. This would kill us normal folks but not a super powered badass. It's only DR 5, the description won't change that at all. In my mind it's just explaining how the CE: Burn is coming into play.

Whis
Member Avatar

Being that it has a crit the SP cost is 10 higher.

-Can target multiple opponents. For single target is it harder to dodge?

This is pretty balanced and fair so I don't have any quick issues with it.
Column 4 on lock down since 2013.
Feel free to contact me to work with Quests and Spars. Oh and if I do something wrong, just tell me!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Siggy by Tarble

Character Page

Fasha
Member Avatar
Fasha
Hey whis
I mean if the speed isn't increased against a single person, then I wouldn't use the tech. The Ki cost is high and the dr low.
Posted Image
Liberation
The Regime pt. 1
Wiki

Anat
Member Avatar
Customs Reviewer
Monitors
His question, I believe, was about stuff like Energy Dan. When it is multi-target, in a 1v1 usually you can focus all the blasts onto one person to make it more difficult to dodge.

It is not more difficult to dodge, however, because it doesn't say that.

The speed of the technique does increase by 50% which indirectly makes it harder to dodge, however.

Fasha
Member Avatar
Fasha
-The speed is increased for the first person. However, for the others, it actually moves slower by 25%.
-DR 5
-Ki Drain 11%
-2 Action Cost
-SP Cost: 22 SP

Fixed SP cost.

This approved?
Posted Image
Liberation
The Regime pt. 1
Wiki

Anat
Member Avatar
Customs Reviewer
Monitors
No. It needs to be approved before it's approved.

I'll throw in my 1/4 approval though

Beerus
Member Avatar

Super Members
So not harder to dodge, just the speed increase (which in a way makes it harder to dodge, but yeah whatever.)

I feel like this is 2 action Kakusandan with a speed increase on primary target, reduction on others and a crit chance. DR is less Ki is more. I feel that is fair enough.

I'm cool with this.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Image by Tarble

Beerus' Page

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Trophy/Customs Requests · Next Topic »
Add Reply

RPG Chat RPG-D RPGfix eXTReMe Tracker

Back to Alex's DBZ RPG | Back to Main Forum

Black Water created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone