Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Alex's DBZ RPG 5 Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Territus; Custom Advanced
Topic Started: May 12 2018, 01:59 PM (140 Views)
Broli
Member Avatar
Veteran Member
Territus - The LSSJ enforces his mental might and unfathomable will onto his opponent. A transparent beam of energy is shot from his pupils directly into those of the opponent, causing their nervous system to to shut down. For the next few moments all of their guards fail. They can remain defenseless briefly or pay a toll to fight the irresistible urge.

Function - Prevents a single opponent to use any defensive techniques and/or defensive items in their next post. Opponent may opt to use 1 action and 7% of their ki to break free of the technique, allowing them to respond with defensive maneuvers freely. If the opponent chooses not to break free then Broli loses 1 action in his following post. May only be used once per battle.

DR - N/A
Ki drain - 10%
Action cost - final 2 actions in post
SP cost - 16
Effect - N/A though very Blind-like (targeting defensive actions, for a single post)

Example

Edited by Broli, May 22 2018, 04:13 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Whis
Member Avatar

So this is basically a 3 action 5% ki cost Stun as a fundamental? If it isn't resisted then you just don't get to defend so the user blasts their opponent away (Say with 2 Charged Advanced and a Finisher adds in a DZ and drops this as the last action) then your opponent has to take 3 actions off defending and spend 5% Ki or can't defend at all.

That is too much for a fundamental imo.
Column 4 on lock down since 2013.
Feel free to contact me to work with Quests and Spars. Oh and if I do something wrong, just tell me!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Siggy by Tarble

Character Page
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bassolarr
Member Avatar
KING OF THE RING
Monitors
I agree, the function is too potent for a custom in general.

Broli
Member Avatar
Veteran Member
The aim was to make it a expensive mirror of Solar Flare, I just wanted there to be some chance of escape for the opposition. The 3 actions and -5% ki would only be applied to those want to avoid being stunned then bombarded with other ki atracks, so one or the other but not both simultaneously. At the end if you resist you'd be down 3 actions and 5% ki, but won't take as much direct damage. I'm cool with making this an Advanced tech or making the resist cost 2 actions like Solar Flare's stun lasting 2 actions.
Posted Image

Yan Cass
Member Avatar
Damaskian RP Guide
It would definitely need to be an advanced meaning it would cost you two actions to use and definitely be only two actions to resist, maybe even 1 if you're charging ki for the escape.
Posted Image
The Monkey | Wiki | Vault

Broli
Member Avatar
Veteran Member
Advanced now. Edited to cost final 2 actions in Broli's post and resisting now only costs 2 actions for opponent.
Posted Image

Anat
Member Avatar
Customs Reviewer
Monitors
I like the mechanics of this but the RP might need to change a bit. An overwhelming sense of defeat doesn't really make sense if you use this on Beerus, imo. I'd rather it be more like.. a physical reason your opponent can't use defensive techs. Even if it's somewhat bullshitted, lol. But I do like the mechanics and I do see a way around it so it's pretty balanced in my eyes. Opens up a new mechanic which is awesome. Great job on making something creative.
Edited by Anat, May 19 2018, 03:01 PM.

Broli
Member Avatar
Veteran Member
Thanks, fixed it up a bit.
Posted Image

Abo
Member Avatar
ADBZ Senpai
I somewhat dig it now. Like a reverse ultra instinct lol. You're removing their instinct.

I think the 2 actions to avoid it + the 5% ki is a bit hefty, especially when you offer the alternative of stunning Broly for one action if you don't take it. It's not really an issue, but only in the sense that nobody is going to choose that route, so it's kind of more an issue for you than your opponent.

Just since 2 actions can potentially be 66% of a person's post, leaving them one action.

I'm suggesting one action and 7% Ki or something. Cuz honestly there are situations where them using their Ki/action to avoid it are beneficial to you and it's a neat mechanic. I just don't see it being used.

Buuuut other than that. Looks good to me for sure
Android 18
26 Aug 13, 02:27 AM
Aya: TAKE SOME COCK UP YOUR BUTT.
1 Sep 13, 05:28 AM
Aya: I was thinking about fisting.
20 Oct 13, 10:11 PM
[�] [o] Bardock: i could imagine her starting to do it and you're all like "that's cool and imma let you finish, but i gotta approve this update while you're at it"

Broli
Member Avatar
Veteran Member
Should be good to go now.
Posted Image

Whis
Member Avatar

any defensive techniques and/or defensive items in their next pos

I just want to ask if the base action block or the base action dodge are in your mind considered defensive techniques or are you referring to Barrier, Evasion, Opal Electricity, Transmute etc...
Column 4 on lock down since 2013.
Feel free to contact me to work with Quests and Spars. Oh and if I do something wrong, just tell me!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Siggy by Tarble

Character Page

Abo
Member Avatar
ADBZ Senpai
Approval from me, assuming the answer to the above question is just defensive techniques. I'm assuming this only applies to things like deflect, kiai, etc. I'm assuming people can still dodge, block, and use offensive techniques.
Android 18
26 Aug 13, 02:27 AM
Aya: TAKE SOME COCK UP YOUR BUTT.
1 Sep 13, 05:28 AM
Aya: I was thinking about fisting.
20 Oct 13, 10:11 PM
[�] [o] Bardock: i could imagine her starting to do it and you're all like "that's cool and imma let you finish, but i gotta approve this update while you're at it"

Broli
Member Avatar
Veteran Member
Blocking and dodging were exceptions, should of pointed that out. Other techniques are the actual target. Those two are available to use.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Trophy/Customs Requests · Next Topic »
Add Reply

RPG Chat RPG-D RPGfix eXTReMe Tracker

Back to Alex's DBZ RPG | Back to Main Forum

Black Water created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone