Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Alex's DBZ RPG 5 Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Yan vs Hayami (C); Gem/Forum
Topic Started: May 16 2018, 02:35 PM (54 Views)
Yan Cass
Member Avatar
Damaskian RP Guide
Quote:

Baba's Crystal Ball, Combat Rune

Yan frowned as Hayami spoke. She could not know this, and might not even expect this due to his need for control, but he did not like fortune telling, especially that far in the distance. Why? It tended to put things out of his control, to make him over think his decisions, to force him to plan for a future he was not ready to face. A fortune for what might happen that very evening, and to someone else, he might take interest in, but he didn't want to think about weeks away or plan for some grand event that might only happen because he planned for it. Intelligence was one thing. It was solid and clear cut even when it was vague. It left a number of possibilities even if it was a lie. Fortune telling was foggy and unpredictable. He didn't like it.

Thus, he ignored the cards on the table until they were all drawn, and without even looking at them, swept them away and back towards her. "I don't believe in them much either," he replied, though not unkindly. He appreciated the effort, the concern even in wanting to show him, but it just wasn't for him. Whatever event was coming, it would come and he would either be involved or he wouldn't. As for their meeting with the emperor, well he didn't need to know anything about that. Those cards were slowly being built in his hand, not across the table.

When she agreed to accept his help, his shoulders relaxed a tiny bit in relief, though his mind was still buzzing with ways she could still reject it when the time came. Words were words after all, and the actual event could go in directions neither of them, or her cards, could predict. She was sincere about it at least and when she reached for his hand he did not pull his away but his gaze shifted there in almost suspicion. When nothing happened, he turned it over and held hers before looking back to her.

"Not many people understand my method," he says with a grin. "Nor my high success rate~"

Edited by Yan Cass, May 16 2018, 02:36 PM.
Posted Image
The Monkey | Wiki | Vault
Online Profile Goto Top

Hayami
Member Avatar
Herald of Chaos
Quote:

Champ 2, Combat Rune, Telepathic Link,
It appeared that Yan was not much interested in the tarot cards either. Hayami merely waved the cards into oblivion, or rather a pocket within her dimension, and smiled. She hadn't looked, and there was no need. "Well, as we both know, fate can be changed. Or the path alerted." Not that she put any faith in such levels of fate, because Hayami had shattered her fate with Yan's help, and her mother's help. She was supposed to have died with only half a soul. Her mother had changed that fate. Hayami would likely have ended up in the clutches of Pendragon by now, if it was not for the Monkey. Fate had a funny way of bending around Hayami.

But there was another piece to the puzzle. Hayami knew things about Yan, but they were as scattered as a puzzle in a box. However, he revealed truths about himself by rejecting or accepting the things she offered. the smallest gesture, the piece of food, the offer to show destiny: while the pieces were still scattered, she got a better idea of what the being known as Yan was. Or at least in the way he portrayed himself with her. Rejection of fate clearly showed he wanted to make his own, to mold it. He wanted, perhaps needed control. Absolute control. To Hayami, that really didn't place Yan father away from Pendragon on certain scales. The difference was, Yan didn't try to control her life, he gave her choice. Pendragon would not, she assumed. Hayami had enough memories of the man to make a judgement as he was in the past.

"Perhaps your high success rate is because of your methods..." Hayami gave the Redhead a grin before she waved a book over and placed an open page to Yan, one side dominated by a picture. A blond haired beauty, crimson eyes that spoke of utter confidence and a stunning body. Behind her were two large, raven wings. If not for the two horns that stuck out of her head, one could easily mistaken her for a Fallen Celestial. "By the way, this is Olivia. She knows just your appearance, I haven't told her anything about you. Same with this book, just her appearance for you."

Hayami would stand then, a new cup of tea in her hand, the one with the bracer still on it. She had hoped he might take it off her, but perhaps it would be better to keep it until the event on Damaskia. After all, it had its uses, despite how frustration set in when she wanted to use her full powers. "Oh, I should tell you that I'll be to Earth before I head to Damaskia, and maybe a quick trip to the Next Dimension. These are all in preparation for my arrival. I have a skill to learn from Kami, and a chamber to visit on his lookout."

Posted Image
Character Sheet | Vault
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yan Cass
Member Avatar
Damaskian RP Guide
Yanís eyes closed into his smile at her comment. Of course, the reason people didnít understand his high success rate was because they didnít understand how his methods could work. Hayami probably wasnít completely correct however. If his methods didnít work, Yan wasnít sure how much he would change. His failures were all a part of the ride, and the experience was usually the most important. Certain things were placed higher on that list, and most likely Hayamiís safety was one, but he still relied on what he knew best. There were likely methods that had higher chances of success for someone else, as his methods would not work at all for someone else. It was even true that the amount of work he put into mastering his methods were wasteful when he could have done something simpler. But the time was already wasted, and here they were.

He took another sip of his tea, his hand staying with hers, and watched as a book came flying across the room. Despite her saying he would only get a picture, his gaze immediately fell to the other side in case some tidbits were placed there. People said a picture was worth one thousand words, and he could certainly read some things just from her appearance, but he was all about the small details, ones that hid away in portraits like this.

ĒIím a little curious of what youíd say about me,Ē he answered with another playful grin, but let it go at that. She pulled away and he allowed it, listening as she did.

ĒBe careful on Earth,Ē he says with a small frown as he leaned back. Earth was the reason she had on that cuff. He was not ready to remove hers as he had Dajiís. It was like she said, things were still a bit unstable for her. As much as it was meant to protect people from her, it was also a way for Yan to keep an eye on her. He knew about the damage she had done to that place after Dajiís destruction. He had not asked her to erase those memories, and probably should have scolded her for it. The backlash it held on that community when it broke was another sign Hayami needed more growth.

382/740
Edited by Yan Cass, May 20 2018, 04:21 PM.
Posted Image
The Monkey | Wiki | Vault
Online Profile Goto Top

Hayami
Member Avatar
Herald of Chaos
Yan wouldn't really see much about the other side, even if he tried to idly leaf through. Just her measurements "at a glance", as it were. Olivia was fairly restrictive about the personal information about herself. All Hayami knew was that she was a teacher that her mother had sent before she fully passed on. Olivia's past, what she was, or even her intentions after the training was complete were a mystery. The Celestial didn't really say much for a time after he spoke the first time, but to the second, Hayami smiled a little.

Her pink hair flashed to a light azure as did her eyes as she said, "I... already did enough damage to those people, Yan. I have no plans to return there. I only plan to stay at the Lookout. There's nowhere else suited to me. With only Kami, Mr. Popo and Korin, I can't hurt too many people." Even if Yan didn't noticed it, and it was unlike that he wouldn't, Hayami hurt on the inside. She didn't really see herself as much these days. A monster, one might say. A tool might say a Damaskian. A shut in, a fighting junkie-

Hayami had to stop herself for a moment in her thoughts as the room darkened at her inner turmoil. She had placed a hand to her head, covered one eye, before she spoke, "Sorry Yan. While you might not believe me, I did go back there one time, about a year ago. I made bad choices. I... I don't know if I've ever made good choices, much less decent ones. But I'm trying. I need to get past Damaskia to go forward." Trying was never good enough, not for her. Hayami had been forced to grow up quickly, had been forced into a lot of choices that she felt terrible for now. When Yan had first taken her, she was four years old. Who made any great choices at that age? Who made the best choices at the age she was now? Still.

"It wasn't even Daji's fault that he attacked your friend. It was mine for making him so afraid of Damaskia in the first place. For showing him how afraid I was." Well, Yan might still have blamed Daji for acting on those feelings of preservation, but Hayami couldn't. She had kept him as blind to the truths of the harsh world as she could. Maybe she just wanted him to be innocent for as long as possible? She had never found the answer to why she had not stopped him before it happened. Was it fear? Was it that she didn't pay enough attention? The answer was lost to time. For Hayami, she wanted to move forward, even though the question still gnawed at her.

"I think I need to be alone for a few days. I'll contact you again soon, Yan. Please use the room as you like until you are done." Hayami looked back with a little smile before she sat back in a chair that just appeared and sat back as one exhausted after a long day at work.

Words: 1010
Posted Image
Character Sheet | Vault
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Spars · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

RPG Chat RPG-D RPGfix eXTReMe Tracker

Back to Alex's DBZ RPG | Back to Main Forum

Black Water created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone