Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Alex's DBZ RPG 5 Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Fists of Fury; Medium Experimental Quest: Cell/Beerus/Vash
Topic Started: Jul 4 2018, 01:12 AM (104 Views)
Cell
Member Avatar
High Roller
Administrator
Fists of Fury

Difficulty: Medium

Description: You have made it into the trial. The Captain in charge takes you into a large room with many others. All of your gear is stripped from you except for a single pair of spiked bracers that seem to attach to your wrists like a skin graph. The Captain explains this will be a challenge of fisticuffs, every man for himself. You are placed in a shielded dome where your ki seemed to be entirely suppressed. You must literally fight through this with your fists, but the Shadowguard isn’t the type to not throw other obstacles in your way, and your fellow privates are not the only ones in this dome.

Reward: +500 zeni, +5 DP, +40 all stats, +5 Rp Credits

Bonus: Experimental Shadowguard Spiked Bracers - Equipped on the arms. Increases toughness and vitality by 2% in battle. Adds 5% more damage to physical and hybrid attacks.

Requirement: Must be a Shadowguard Private and have completed Experimental Trial.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cell
Member Avatar
High Roller
Administrator
Another day and another experiment, what else was to be expected in the life of a shadowguard soldier? Cell shook his head as he walked down the hallway with several other privates, a grumpy and well armored sergeant led the procession towards whatever testing was to take place. The bio android did not really know what to expect, the last several experiments had push him to his limits. He was pleased and also surprised that the damaskian forces always seemed to find a way to push him further. That was why he was here after all, nothing so far in his existence had taken him to the edge… well there was that one time, but he shook the memory from his thoughts as the procession stopped outside a large set of reinforced doors.

“Everybody in, single file…the Captain will explain further once you are inside.” The sergeant placed his hand on the palm scanner that controlled the doors access and the hydraulic hissing reverberated down the hallway as they slid open. Whatever awaited them inside, Cell was certain that it was not what any of them would be expecting.

“Good luck troops.” The sergeant waved them in, his eyes meeting with Cell’s as he passed. Was he uneasy? It was rare for shadowguard troopers to radiant with a sense of uneasiness, even in front of him. Now he was truly intrigued, why all the secrecy and the hushed movements at off peak times in the civian compound? The only thing he knew for sure was it was tied to the experiment that almost cost him his life had it not been for his regenerative capabilities only days before. That had shaken the bio android and to be frank it was not easy to do.

As the procession entered it was evident that they now were in some sort of dome structure, almost gladiator like, the grounds which they stood upon were vast and unobstructed. The outer edges of the circle did appear to have stands for spectators but they all remained empty, a large enclosed box with shielded glass resided high and to the right-hand side. If anybody was watching it would be from that enclosed and well-fortified position.

“Welcome…welcome, thank you all for making it here so quickly and without fuss.” A tall man in decorated dress stood at the center of the arena, his demeanor and his attire clearly marking him as the captain the sergeant had spoken of. As the group stopped and stood at attention Cell noticed the doors from which they entered had begun to close, the light from the outside hall vanishing as the metal doors hissed and locked closed.

“I am sure you are all curious as to why you are here and what will be taking place, I am to answer those questions up front.” The captain had a sly grin covering his face as he paced back and forth in front of the group. “We are running a experimental trial for a new wave of battle gear that will revolutionize the way the shadowguard force battle, it will gives us the edge…the next evolution in warfare, you have all been stripped of you gear, over on the table to my left there is a pair of bracers that will attach like a graft to your bodies, this exercise will be one of pure physical combat without the use of your enhanced abilities.”

The captain snapped his fingers and a dull hum reverberated throughout the dome. Cell shook his head as the noise wave passed through him, his body immediately felt different, the power that he normally felt bubbling beneath the surface seemed far far away, as if it was sealed deep in the core of his being. It was most assuredly and awkward feeling as he flexed his hands in and out of a fist. What the captain had said was true, they had somehow sealed their ki away only allowing for this to be a test of their pure unenhanced abilities.

Cell was the first soldier to break ranks and walk over toward the table holding these spiked gauntlets, their designed was sleek and aerodynamic he thought, his hand hovering over the pair closest to him as he stopped. These would be extremely useful in carving any opponent in close quarters combat, especially if you had the physical strength to use them to their full potential. As both bracers grafted to his forearms he grinned, the grafts were strong and utterly painless in their adherence. Important for those that could not heal as quickly, what was the point of maiming yourself for the use of battle gear. Chuckling he made a few quick jabs in the air in front of him, shadowboxing and slicing back and forth, the blades humming as they seemed to flow through the air with no resistance.

“Good, I see you looked pleased private.” The captain motioned for the rest of the group to follow suit. “This will be every man for themselves, fight it out and show us that you belong here…and are worthy to move forward in the trials.”

WC: 855
Required: 4700
Edited by Cell, Jul 4 2018, 05:27 PM.
Posted Image

Beerus
Member Avatar

Super Members
He wasn’t sure how he kept getting put into these situations while on Damaskia, but it seemed like more and more missions would present himself the longer he was here. The Shadowguard always seemed to have something going on and now was no exception. He had returned from a successful mission with the newly titled Havoc Squad and while his new rank was fancy amongst the mortals it was just another thing that he had done and not something that he took an overwhelming sense of pride in. The team ship had made dock at Sosa’s headquarters and the deity led his team, minus only a single fool who defied him on the ship before the battle, out of the ship. It was all too easy for him to do really.

He walked down with the strange group of warriors following him out all with a strange sense of pride in their step that had been achieved with seemingly just a successful mission, a new team name and a leader they wouldn’t dare to rebel against. It was a perfect combination for a deadly group of fierce killers. Lord Beerus had certainly found himself a good situation to be in. This was a good day so far.

No sooner as he approached the building, both Sosa and Captain Elroy came out from the entrance gate. They seemed almost surprised at what they were seeing. Before they could voice anything though the destroyer spoke up, ”Lady Sosa, these warriors are the newly titled Havoc Squad, they are to be housed in the finest barrack we can offer and provided with the best equipment we can provide. I want my killers to be as deadly and respected as possible, any questions?” He asked, but his words clearly were not leaving room for her to argue even if she wanted to.

Sosa though simply smiled, ”If that is what you want Lord Beerus, then I will be happy to provide them with such. I trust you have told them how we operate here and so we can skip that part. I will get them stationed immediately and we will get them all the best things we can find!”

The soldiers all followed as Sosa motioned and a number of aids came out grabbing the equipment they were willing to hand off and carrying it for the warriors as they went off to whatever quarters she had in mind for them. For the forces that Sosa had managed, this was certainly a good get for them. Having a squad of deadly warriors that even Lord Beerus would be willing to work with was a huge positive.

The destroyer went to follow, but before he could Captain Elroy moved next to him. Lord Beerus stopped looking at the captain with a sense of intrigue, but more questioning what he wanted now. He had already tamed the warriors he had been asked to tame, why was the Captain still here? The deity didn’t talk though simply waiting for him to speak whatever was on his mind as it was clear he wanted or needed something else, ”Lord Beerus, first I must express my gratitude for your ability to control with such ease such a valuable group. I am certain you will lead them to heights we had never expected them to achieve.” He smiled bowing his head in respect as he talked, but his tone and expression changed right after, ”You mentioned gearing them up with the best that we have though and I was meaning to find warriors for such a test of new equipment if you are willing to help out, we would be happy to have you in the next group.”

Lord Beerus sighed glaring at the man for a moment, ”So you want me to play test to some new equipment then? I hardly find that a good use of my time.”

Captain Elroy nodded in agreement, ”Oh I agree Lord Beerus, but I wanted to offer it for your entertainment. I know no one that is better qualified to assess the quality of what we provide for our troops. In this test you will be given a prototype set of gloves that are designed to actually enhance the power of your fist strikes. Because of that this is all we are allowing those in this experiment to utilize so unlike in the training grounds before it won’t simply be a blow everything up, but more of a test of actual physical combat and martial arts. I assume you can get behind that Lord Beerus am I right?”

Lord Beerus nodded, he was intrigued enough now, ”Fine, just tell me what I need to do,”

Captain Elroy simply flashed a large grin of satisfaction at the fact that Beerus was willing to help him out once again, ”I have already sent word to Vash and Cell to meet you in the training room as well as a few dozen of our newest private ranked fighters. We are going to have the three of you test the entire group with these bracers on! When you arrive you will be given the new test gloves and all we ask is that combat sticks to more of a fisticuffs style of combat. Please try not to kill our new men, but if it happens then so be it. We just hope we can actually find out if this near gear is worth the investment to expand our development on.”

It seemed like he would be working again with the demon and the bio android. He could handle that and a test of fisticuffs would be interesting for sure. Without much more of a conversation Lord Beerus got the location and flew off to this next training exercise. Arriving he grabbed the new spiked bracers putting them on before walking into the training grounds. He looked around floating up to Cell he landed looking at the bracers he was now wearing, ”It looks like we have found ourselves in another game. It should be rather fun.”

WC: 1,010
Quest WC: 1,865
Posted Image
Posted Image

Image by Tarble

EVERYBODY wants to be a BEAST, until it is time to do what real BEASTS DO!

Beerus' Page

Theme Video
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Vash
Member Avatar
Gross...
Monitors
"That's... just too many... pancakes..." Vash mumbled to himself in deep sleep between heavy breaths. He rolled over from his stomach and onto his back, and his leg gave an involuntary twitch. Time set aside for resting was a luxury in Vash's new role as a Shadowguard private. The management team in charge of setting himself along with the other warriors he had been partnered up with were good about keeping them all busy and innondated with tasks, preparing them for the next steps in their progressions, and Vash was more than ready to take full advantage of it.

A buzzing sound jolted him from his sleep. Vash jumped forward into an upright position, and in a somewhat delerious state, he was confused about what was happening. Shirtless and with eyes squinting, he glanced around the room in an attempt to focus on what was happening. The buzzing happened again, and his vision darted to the end table where his communicator lie face down, a faint ring of light illuminated against the table. With a curiously raised eyebrow, he picked it up, and saw a flashing icon of an envelope. He let out a yawn and tapped the screen, revealing a message.

The demon gave it a quick look over, and he had discovered that he had been enlisted for another mission. He was to meet with Cell and Beerus in a training room to test out some new kind of equipment. Bracers to be exact. His eyes ran back and forth like a typewriter as he glanced over the remaining details, and checked the timestamp. According to the information listed, he was already late by three minutes. Vash smiled and let out a cough, his partially parched tongue clacked against the roof of his mouth. He laid back down and rolled over to go back to sleep. His mind had read the information, but not quite interpreted exactly what it meant.

"Fuck! I'm late!" Vash cursed outloud as he jolted fully awake. It was only a couple of minutes, but Vash didn't want to catch the wrath of either Cell or Beerus from holding them up on their plans. For once, he was the lowest part of the totem pole that was this team, and he was trying hard not to fall in poor favor.

He scrambled to get himself ready, locked himself onto Cell and Beerus' energy signatures, and apparated to their location.

There were a few unfamiliar faces in the room along with his assigned teammates, crowded around a storage locker, presumably obtaining their new equipment to be used for the training. Vash was in no rush, and still kind of waking up, so he waited his turn. Once he actually got his own pair of the gauntlets, Vash turned them over, inspecting them. He was a little disappointed that they didn't look all that unique, but, he remembered from the message that he had been sent that they were specially designed to enhance physical combat.

The demon's timing was a little off, but not by much. It appeared he hadn't missed much of anything at all. Beerus' had mentioned something about a game. If the God of Destruction was actually looking forward to having fun with one of these Shadowguard training missions, Vash knew instantly that it was actually probably going to be a real test of might.

Vash shrugged to himself and gave Cell a jesting elbow. "Let's give a hand to everyone showing up today," Vash joked to Cell. With a flick of his wrist he pointed the finger part of the glove in Cell's direction for extra emphasis. He knew it was dumb, but couldn't resist.

Vash slid the gloves onto his hands and gave his fingers a quick flex. They fit nicely, but he still couldn't figure out just how they were going to work in combat. He was sure he was about to find out, though.

WC 657//2,522
Posted Image
WIKI // THEME SONG
2015 ROLE PLAY OF THE YEAR WINNER!!

Cell
Member Avatar
High Roller
Administrator
So, both Lord Beerus and Vash would be joining in on this little test orchestrated to test this new experimental equipment. Cell smirked as he looked at the group of shadowguard soldiers and laughed maniacally. These poor fools had no idea what they would be up against as the bio android cracked his knuckles and flexed his muscles involuntarily. Even with their ki dampening field it would not be a fair test, the three of them individually had enough physical prowess to be faster and stronger then the troops combined that dwelled in the arena. How sweet it would be to feel their bones snap under his fists and watch their blood spill and coat the floor. The bio androids blood lust was beginning to take over and not a moment to soon as the signal bell to commence the test rang out.

“I do believe we will have us some fun gentlemen…” His voice trailed off as he darted forward, his foots steps not as light as they would have been infused with his inner ki but still faster then what these fools could follow. It did not take long for the first soldier to fall prey to Cell as he smashed into the smaller man and lifted him off the ground in a viscous tackle that upended and smashed him into the floor.

A grin crossed Cell’s face as he struck out with the bladed instruments attached to his forearms, the aerodynamic design slicing through the air with no resistance, the blade cutting the man’s chest clean open with minimal effort on the bio androids part. Noticing this Cell put some force into his second back swing of his left arm and cleaved the down soldier in two, his spin separating with no resistance and his innards spilling out onto the arena floor. Standing, Cell looked down at his handiwork, blood having sprayed across his chest and arms as the man still lay screaming on the floor, his anguish easily audible over the noise emitted by the other scuffles.

“Wow…these things certainly get the job done.” Cell remarked, his foot coming down on the fallen soldier’s head and crushing his skull with ease, the death cries of the former private instantly muted as he pressed forward.

“Come on man, you did not have to do that.” Cell heard another private to his right, the man brave enough to call the genetically enhanced warrior out. It was a test, in combat they would be used to kill and maim, and Cell was going to make sure they did as they were intended.

“You are pathetic soldier, these are designed to kill….so grow a pair and come at me!” He bellowed, turning toward the shadowguard warrior and extending his arms out to the side to invite an attack. “If you dare!”

The soldier growled and charged forward, his own set of blades dancing through the air as Cell ducked and weaved out of the way, his own arms flashing out and clashing his blades against that of his newly acquired target. This was truly exhilarating, in his present condition he was not entirely sure his regenerative abilities would work cut off from his supply of ki, but he did not much care. The soldier was far too slow for him to make true contact.

“Come on, this is the best you can do?” Cell mocked, his body dropping low and leg sweeping the man off his feet. Standing he looked down and grabbed the shadowguard private by the neck, deftly picking him up and slashing his blade across the soldier’s chest. More blood splashing onto the ground as he threw the dying opponent across the room and out of his sight. “How disappointing!”

Glaring around the area the bio android could see everybody doing their best to keep out of his and his cohorts way, interested more in engaging into the battles they felt they could win against each other, the men sparing each other’s lives instead of landing the critical blow.

“You all disgust me!” Cell bellowed, his anger was brimming as he watched these so called proud elite troopers phoning it in so to say. He would not and would not tolerate it, he would kill all of them for their failures, lord knows the higher ups had put him through enough paces to test his abilities…how were these men worth of anything?

“Is this the best the shadowguard has to offer!” He bellowed loud enough for Beerus and Vash to over hear him as he pointed toward the area’s glass view box. “Pathetic.”

Darting forward the bio android became a whirl wind of death and destruction, his ability to blow shit up having been hindered he instead used brute force as he sliced and diced and punched his bare fists through flesh. The bodies were starting to pile up and while he could not focus on what the other two were doing he could only imagine they were matching his tenacity in their own way. The military was no place for weaklings…let alone the shadowguard.

WC:848
TWC: 1,703
Quest: 3,370
Posted Image

Beerus
Member Avatar

Super Members
Vash had joined them and the game was clearly on now. Even if the outcome was already known the fact that hopefully these new gauntlets would provide some sort of enhancement to the fun was all that Lord Beerus truly cared about. The question though for him was more of how would he possibly know if the gloves were really helping or if the Damaskian soldiers they would be put up to test these gauntlets were just so weak that the experimental gear would just be rendered irrelevant to the entire game. He would have truly hated if the game was ruined because of having weak opponents to go up against. Maybe if things kept up this way he would actually have to turn the game on Vash and Cell and play with them to see how helpful this new equipment truly was?

As had happened on the previous event they worked together Cell jumped into action right away going to town on soldiers taunting them as he tore them apart physically one after another. Many of the masses that had joined them in this chamber started to back away from the Bio Android though seeing that he was simply a beast on a mission. That was where the destroyer would move in on it. He faded away appearing amongst a group of a few dozen warriors. He smiled as they all suddenly backed away fearing what was to come next, ”I am mostly here to test this equipment for me special forces team. You should all help me or else I can promise the end result will be much worse than a few punches. Well that is unless you desire to be destroyed by a God of Destruction?”

Without hesitation hearing the words of the deity they attacked as he had told them to do. The fear that his words had instilled mixed with the rumors of his actions that had been spreading made it a no brainer for the common soldier. They knew it would likely end painfully, but pain, even if it was tremendous amounts, was better than destruction. This was now their best chance to at least survive the day.

Lord Beerus danced around in the air avoiding their blows with ease. With each strike that came at him though, he judged its speed and power to determine how much power he would normally need to simply knock warriors of this caliber out. It was an imperfect art, but he figured 1% of his power would be enough normally to do so with ease. The test though wasn’t of his own power, it was of the experimental gear they had given him. That is what he needed to truly test now. He would lower his power even further as he lashed out with a simple chop to the neck of the first one that came across him after determining this plan of attack. To his amazement the victim was instantly dropped to the ground. He knew he was powerful, but it seemed like the gear was actually working as intended.

One by one he struck out in different ways against the masses he had drawn to himself in order to see just how effective this new piece of gear was. With each strike it seemed he was getting more of a grasp on their power which only caused him to adjust accordingly. It seemed like this gear was all that it was cracked up to be and that meant he was even more ready to have his soldiers try it.

Even as the bodies piled up around him though, he was lacking a true challenge. He wanted that challenge with one of these tests that would actually make his time worth it. That wasn’t going to be today though. He could have likely just sent one of his soldiers to this game to test the gear just fine, but that wasn’t how things had turned out. He was here now performing more tests for the Shadowguard. It wasn’t really his ideal situation and yet he was finally starting to understand what was going on. They knew he wouldn’t just simply allow gear to be experimented on with his new squadron and that meant he would also have to be the one that tested it to prove it. Maybe Sosa and Captain Elroy had started to understand the destroyer more than he gave them credit for. It was clearly possible.

He floated into the air flicking his power for a moment to send the unconscious bodies away as he looked to see if anything else was around for him to do. He doubted that would be the case really. The God of Destruction simply was going to have to take this test as it was and accept it. At least maybe his squadron would be geared up appropriately if he continued testing this stuff.

WC: 817
Beerus WC: 1,827
Quest WC: 4,187
Posted Image
Posted Image

Image by Tarble

EVERYBODY wants to be a BEAST, until it is time to do what real BEASTS DO!

Beerus' Page

Theme Video
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Vash
Member Avatar
Gross...
Monitors
The excitement commenced in a hurry as once again, Cell had rushed into the fray. He sure is an aggressive one, Vash commented to himself as he studied the green skinned warrior's movements, the being's physical prowess on full display as he had ripped through the first couple of test subjects. Cell still remained much of an enigma to the demon, but at the same time, Vash couldn't help himself but be impressed with his overall demeanor. There was still much to learn about Cell, but Vash was liking what he was seeing.

Beerus, on the other hand, Vash knew much better. The fact that he was allowing himself to be a part of tests and expiramental combat gear said little, but Vash knew full well that the God of Destruction must have his own agenda in play if he was going to subject himself to all of this. At the same time, it also helped validate the Crimson Typhoon's interest in the Shadowguard.

Vash found himself locked on to watching Cell and Beerus in action when he realized to himself that the test had commenced, and he hadn't done anything but stare with a goofy smile watching the others work their magic on the poor saps assigned to be the punching bags for the three of them. By all accounts, he was a little shocked to realize that he hadn't even been attacked yet. He turned his head back to the area in front of him, where the group that he had been assigned to fight against had gathered. They too were enthralled by the scene playing out right next to them at the hands of Cell and Beerus. Probably for a much different reason, Vash deduced. Their eyes were incredibly wide and if their jaws dropped any further they would be resting on the top of their boots.

Vash's eyes closed and his head titled backwards. His nostrils stretched as he took a deep inhale. "You smell that guys?" Vash called out to the fear stricken group in front of him. They too seemed to have forgotten that they were involved with the test as well. A few moments of silence passed as they stared back at the red leather clad demon with their dumb faced expressions. "I asked you a question!" He repeated, this time with much more anger in his voice.

"S-- smell what, sir?" one of the warriors in the front meekly called back.

"Fear," Vash breathed out simply, eyes cracking open until they glared with malicious intent at his prey. It was his turn to get in on some of the action.

As Cell and Beerus continued to stack up a respectable body count, Vash found his nerves growing increasingly hyped. Surrounded by chaos, Vash was filled with aggression, and it was time to unleash. The ki restricting field that the test had been selected for actually worked to Vash's favor. Even though he had regained a healthy chunk of his once imposing strength, he was still a good ways away from mastering it. Limiting his options to hand to hand combat was going to make this all the easier.

The demon burst forward, and the test subjects held their ground. His heart raced with excitement as his boots pounded into the soft earth beneath them, kicking up tufts of dirt in his wake. It had been awhile since he had to melee his way through a group of enemies, but it was similar to riding a bike. He just had to get going, and his muscle memory would carry him the rest of the way.

Just as he was about to bowl into the lot of them, the demon leaped into the air, a furious blur of red as he landed right in the center of the mob. He instantly dropped down and a sweep of his leg brought down the eye of the storm. Damn, this feels good, he grinned to himself as he got to work, moving from one enemy to the next with extreme precision and speed.

Blood and flesh popped into the air like a miniature fireworks display his the demon's fists cracked into skulls. As far as Vash could tell, they were pretty similar to most guantlets that he had tried out over the years. The Shadowguard insignia was pretty cool, and they fit nicely. Wearing them, though, was awakening something inside of the demon. With each crushing blow, he found himself drunk with bloodlust. He didn't want to stop.

He couldn't stop. The need to satisfy his violent urges was too great. The demon continued to demolish any who stepped up to the plate.

A squishy noise broke him of his spell as he regained his senses to find himself perched on the chest of the last warrior remaining, fists continue to pummel the soft mass of brain matter that he had reduced a once fully in tact skull into. He couldn't stop his fist as it continued to strike, cock back, strike again. He finally came to his senses, arm cocked back as if this one last smash into the pool of mutilated flesh would make any difference at this point. His chest rose and fell heavily with each breath. Vash looked around only to find that Cell and Beerus had only finished, and were watching him continue to turn this poor unfortunate sap into a pile of bloody mashed potatoes. He shot them a smile, removed the glove and used it to wipe the blood and flesh that had accumulated on his face. "These work pretty good," he joked and cracked up laughing.

WC 942//1,599//5,129
Posted Image
WIKI // THEME SONG
2015 ROLE PLAY OF THE YEAR WINNER!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Damaskia · Next Topic »
Add Reply

RPG Chat RPG-D RPGfix eXTReMe Tracker

Back to Alex's DBZ RPG | Back to Main Forum

Black Water created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone