Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Alex's DBZ RPG 5 Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Son Family Kitchenette; Goten's Custom Item
Topic Started: Jul 5 2018, 03:33 PM (186 Views)
Goten
Member Avatar
Tale-Spinner
Howdy. I was told I was able to switch custom items upon becoming a new character.

Son Goku's Z-Soul is the item I previously had and the update I acquired it, so long ago.

Here is my proposed item:

Son Family Kitchenette - May be installed anywhere a High-Class Kitchen can or will upgrade High-Class Kitchen to High-Class Son Family Kitchenette. If there's one thing a Saiyan loves, it's a good meal after a hard day's training! That goes DOUBLE for the Son family, who are well-known for their bottomless stomachs. A regular kitchen simply wasn't enough to satisfy an inherited love of food and drink. Allows the user access to both Cooking and Brewing, so long as they have read the necessary reading materials for both, as well as grants one additional food/drink slot to be consumed along side their regular weekly consumptions. Recipes created by the Kitchenette are twice as effective at base, however these effects do not apply to Expensive Ingredients or High-Class Kitchen enhancements. (IE. Exquisite High Class Kitchenette Wine would give +80 speed)
  • Allows user to learn both Cooking/Brewing (must read both books)
  • Allows user to create "Kitchenette <food/drink>" (ex. Kitchenette Sake, Kitchenette Curry)(adds +Base to the crafted recipe)
  • Allows user to consume one additional food or drink item a week.
  • The additional food/drink consumed can't be the same as one already consumed that week.
Edited by Goten, Jul 15 2018, 07:14 PM.
Character Page
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Beerus
Member Avatar

Super Members
Kinda underwhelming, but if that is what you want then I don't have much problem with it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Image by Tarble

EVERYBODY wants to be a BEAST, until it is time to do what real BEASTS DO!

Beerus' Page

Theme Video

Android 13
Member Avatar
Redneck Android
That's a dope perk, but I think it'd definitely be fair to add a second one to go along with it.
Posted Image
Dabura's TS | Character Sheet

"Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed."

Goten
Member Avatar
Tale-Spinner
Hmmm. How about this?

Unending Appetite - If there's one thing a Saiyan loves, it's a good meal after a hard day's training! That goes DOUBLE for the Son family, who are well-known for their bottomless stomachs. Allows Goten to consume +1 food or drink beyond the weekly limit, as well as doubles all food and drink gains. The additional food or drink consumed cannot be the same as one already being used that week. Also allows Goten to learn both Cooking and Brewing and improves Enhanced items through Cooking/Brewing by an additional +50%.

A kid shouldn't be drinking, but ya know.
Character Page

Beerus
Member Avatar

Super Members
Certainly a no to the having both cooking and brewing and with exquisite ingredients and kitchens getting another 50% would be too much.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Image by Tarble

EVERYBODY wants to be a BEAST, until it is time to do what real BEASTS DO!

Beerus' Page

Theme Video

Goten
Member Avatar
Tale-Spinner
OK, understood on the both cooking/brewing.

For the Enhanced aspect, I was referring to the enhancing of already existing items that comes secondary to the Cooking/Brewing.

Quote:

Brewing can also be used to enhance Tonics, Super Tonics, Elixers, CC Mega Elixers, and CC Sodas. Enhancing an item costs 300z, one week and a build slot, but the item provides +50% benefits (rounding up). You must already have the item in your inventory, or you can enhance an item in someone else's inventory. Enhancing an item removes the limit on how many times that item can be used, but limits it to use of once per month (so you cant use more than one Enhanced Elixir per month, as an example).

So instead of +50% benefits, it would be +100% benefits for me.

I'm open to suggestions here about an additional perk so I don't short change myself on a custom item.
Character Page

Goten
Member Avatar
Tale-Spinner
Hmmm, how about something like this?

Unending Appetite - If there's one thing a Saiyan loves, it's a good meal after a hard day's training! That goes DOUBLE for the Son family, who are well-known for their bottomless stomachs. Allows Goten to consume +1 food or drink beyond the weekly limit, as well as doubles all food and drink gains. The additional food or drink consumed cannot be the same as one already being used that week. Also, grants +1 build slot that can only be used for building Exquisite Ingredients, Cooking/Brewing, or Enhancing an item with Cooking/Brewing at zero cost.
Edited by Goten, Jul 10 2018, 06:35 AM.
Character Page

Yan Cass
Member Avatar
Damaskian RP Guide
This isn't an item so much as a passive...I'd need it to be an item. Either a ship upgrade, in which case it'd only apply to items cooked/brewed with that, or something you equip so the benefit is only usable when you have it on, however you can make that make sense.

If we're gonna do this I'm honestly wanting it to be double base gains and does not apply to other multipliers. Like, I'm barely cool with cooking modifiers being x3 let alone giving someone x4. We talked a little a bout this. It feels like relatively weak gains but they aren't (especially considering traits and shit.) and you're getting a multi-faceted training item

If it's like this though, I'm cool with giving you both Cooking and Brewing if you do the reading as well as letting you eat two things
Edited by Yan Cass, Jul 15 2018, 05:22 PM.
Posted Image
The Monkey | Sheet | Vault

Cooler
Member Avatar
Experienced Member
Wrong account.
Edited by Cooler, Jul 15 2018, 07:14 PM.
Character Page

Goten
Member Avatar
Tale-Spinner
After talking with Yan, here's what I've put together for submission. I'm ready for this to be reviewed.

Son Family Kitchenette - May be installed anywhere a High-Class Kitchen can or will upgrade High-Class Kitchen to High-Class Son Family Kitchenette. If there's one thing a Saiyan loves, it's a good meal after a hard day's training! That goes DOUBLE for the Son family, who are well-known for their bottomless stomachs. A regular kitchen simply wasn't enough to satisfy an inherited love of food and drink. Allows the user access to both Cooking and Brewing, so long as they have read the necessary reading materials for both, as well as grants one additional food/drink slot to be consumed along side their regular weekly consumptions. Recipes created by the Kitchenette are twice as effective at base, however these effects do not apply to Exquisite Ingredients or High-Class Kitchen enhancements. (IE. Exquisite High Class Kitchenette Wine would give +80 speed)
  • Allows user to learn both Cooking/Brewing (must read both books)
  • Allows user to create "Kitchenette <food/drink>" (ex. Kitchenette Sake, Kitchenette Curry)(adds +Base to the crafted recipe)
  • Allows user to consume one additional food or drink item a week.
  • The additional food/drink consumed can't be the same as one already consumed that week.
Edited by Goten, Jul 15 2018, 11:25 PM.
Character Page

Whis
Member Avatar

Allows user to learn both Cooking/Brewing (must read both books) - I'm not sure after talking to others that we should really allow someone to have both.
Allows user to create "Kitchenette <food/drink>" (ex. Kitchenette Sake, Kitchenette Curry)(adds +Base to the crafted recipe) - Doubles Base, Then other stuff might get to be pretty big numbers.
Allows user to consume one additional food or drink item a week. - This was an item perk from my event and it wasn't easy to pass because it is pretty good.
The additional food/drink consumed can't be the same as one already consumed that week. - Ok
Column 4 on lock down since 2013.
Feel free to contact me to work with Quests and Spars. Oh and if I do something wrong, just tell me!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Siggy by Tarble

Character Page

Goten
Member Avatar
Tale-Spinner
Quote:

Allows user to learn both Cooking/Brewing (must read both books) - I'm not sure after talking to others that we should really allow someone to have both.

There's enough people out there with Cooking and Brewing that have set up trade routes that I don't think it's such a big issue that one person has both. It's just taking out the inconvenience of a middle man to reliably get my food/drink every week. Without both, the rest of the item is INCREDIBLY lackluster.

Quote:

Allows user to create "Kitchenette <food/drink>" (ex. Kitchenette Sake, Kitchenette Curry)(adds +Base to the crafted recipe) - Doubles Base, Then other stuff might get to be pretty big numbers.

As stated in the item, that double base is not affected by Exquisite or High-Class. It's better to think of it as an additive +base tacked on to the end. It's essentially Exquisite High-Class +additional base. Slight gain.

Quote:

Allows user to consume one additional food or drink item a week. - This was an item perk from my event and it wasn't easy to pass because it is pretty good.
For a custom item, being able to eat or drink one additional item is kind of chump change. I'm not getting +400 stat a week or anything like that from basic training. Most food buffs are only obtained by doing spars and not some passive gain, I'd actually have to do something to get them.

Players can already eat and drink every week. I can just eat +1 more (one or the other, not both) with mildly buffed gains.

Edited by Goten, Jul 18 2018, 04:27 PM.
Character Page

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Trophy/Customs Requests · Next Topic »
Add Reply

RPG Chat RPG-D RPGfix eXTReMe Tracker

Back to Alex's DBZ RPG | Back to Main Forum

Black Water created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone