Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Alex's DBZ RPG 5 Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Joseph vs Whis; Gem/Telepathic Link
Topic Started: Jul 12 2018, 12:30 AM (70 Views)
Joseph Wiltshire
Member Avatar
Satirist
Quote:

Champion I

Joseph stood within an imaginary iteration of the arena for the Budokai Tenkaichi. The square fighting ground was surrounded by a field of grass, with the exception of the cement walkway that went from the martial arts tempo to arena and the stadium that boarded it. There was a red umbrella by each end of the red walls boarded with a gold color.

The stadium had hundreds of seats all left empty, he didn't feel the need to add imaginary spectators. The setting of the current space in the plain was selected by virtue of it being a good fighting ground. He wanted to use his time to hone his combative prowse by fighting a fellow martial artist.

He stood in his typical fighting gear consisting of his sleeveless gi, headband, and pants. His scarlet cudgel rested in a sheath behind his back hanging on a strap on his left shoulder. The child sat in the middle of the tiled arena and sat and crossed his legs as he took a meditative position as he waited for someone to enter his circle of the realm.

WC: 185
Edited by Joseph Wiltshire, Jul 12 2018, 12:30 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Whis
Member Avatar

It was another day of waiting around for things to happen as his visit to Planet Vegeta was going rather slowly so far. Still that allowed the Angel to have a chance to spend more time in the Astral Realm. Being away from Lord Beerus for a little bit of time was something that did normally give him more time for his own things. That meant he could hopefully get to know more mortals and learn more about them. He hoped that at least in these meetings he could have something productive come from them.

He popped into the Astral Realm to find that he was standing amongst a tournament battle grounds of sorts. He believed mortals thought of this as a fighting arena and sitting amongst the middle of it was the young boy Joseph. Whis floated down from the sky looking around the grand stands to see if they were full or if this was just a simulation of things. He figured it would at least have blank figures to give the space in the realm some authenticity. Still the entire setting was rather lackluster to him. He did remember though that Joseph had mentioned wanted to battle sometime when the met, was this what he meant for them to do to train him?

He could see that the boy was in his fight clothes and this setting certainly would provide a chance for that. He remained calm though floating down with his left arm folded behind his back and his right arm holding onto the Angelic staff. He smiled before speaking, ”Good day, I see you have found an arena setting for this meeting. Does this mean you wish to actually test yourself in combat against me?” Whis figured he already knew the answer, but he confidently asked expected an attack to come at any moment as his mind began to lock in on the other just to be ready for anything.

WC: 325
Whis has Combat Rune and Telepathic Link
Column 4 on lock down since 2013.
Feel free to contact me to work with Quests and Spars. Oh and if I do something wrong, just tell me!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Siggy by Tarble

Character Page

Joseph Wiltshire
Member Avatar
Satirist
The familiar voice brought the child's mind from its meditative state. Upon seeing that Whis had arrived, Joseph rose and gave the attendant a bow. "Hi Whis, how are you?" he adjusted the cuffs on his wrist, he'd give Whis a chance to respond before continuing. "Honestly, I wasn't expecting to see you specifically. I just set this up expecting any fighter to come along, but I'd love to face you in combat."

Joseph turned and walked across the arena to gain greater distance from the deity. He turned and faced him and rose his arms into a guard and lower his stance, his aura manifested around him as he released half of his power, he looked Whis up and down, though he seemed to have a seemingly relaxed position he didn't see any openings.

The child disappeared and reappeared from arm's length of Whis with his left arm drawn as his fist was surging with ki, he threw the ki empowered left at Whis face, upon getting back on the ground he pivoted lifting his leg to strike Whis' knee, to finish the combination he sent both his hands forward, a small gilded beam of spirit energy erupted from his palms towards the angel's body.

WC: 206
TWC: 391

Whis
Member Avatar

It didn’t take long for the boy to state his goal was that he wanted to fight even if he hadn’t expected Whis to be his opponent. The Angel smiled though as he heard this simply nodding in acceptance as the boy moved into a fighting stance. All the while the Attendant simply floated calmly as he had already been before the real challenge to combat had been officially issued. He clearly was as calm as could be.

When Joseph moved to attack the speed of the divine hybrid quickly was shown as his body floated backwards and slightly to the side as he watched the blow catch nothing. He twirled around in the air as the boy went to kick his leg after landing on the ground. Whis simply struck downwards against the extended knee with the staff looking to strike precisely in a way that would be crippling to many fighters. Still the boy was persistent as he rushed forward while Whis flew backwards. He was expecting a wild attack at a diving strike, but suddenly a burst of energy erupted towards his body. Whis smile simply twirling the staff in his hand as the beam was sent away within the whirlwind of velocity that he had created in that instant.

Watching the blast fly harmlessly away he turned back to Joseph, ”In this combat game that we are playing are you simply going to try to hit me or do you actually want me to fight back in more than just a defensive way?” The Angel smiled as he floated in the air without any sign of struggle or pressure against his body. This was his natural way and he was going to wait and see exactly how Joseph wanted this combat session to go before he really acted. For now he would wait and see what would happen next. It was more entertaining to him that way anyways.

WC: 322
Whis WC: 647
Feel free to contact me to work with Quests and Spars. Oh and if I do something wrong, just tell me!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Siggy by Tarble

Character Page

Joseph Wiltshire
Member Avatar
Satirist
Joseph expected nothing less than for Whis to counter the initial assault with a master's graceful easy. He could almost hear a bone crack when the staff came down and intercepted his kick. As the angel blew away the gilded wave of energy Joseph jumped back, trying to shake away some of the pain in his knee before reassuming a combative stance, arms positioned to protect his face and form. "Do what you want," Joseph prosaically answered. The boy decided that it would be best for the instructor to decide, Whis knew more about combat than he did after all.

The boy jetted off towards his opponent zipped from side to side, appearing as a blur. He pulled out his own staff and swung it, intending to strike the attendant across the face. This attack was followed with another swing aimed at the shoulder. Joseph retracted is staff as he freed a hand, and enveloped it in ki sparks emitted from his fist before he threw it forward releasing a flurry of blasts vaguely shaped like his fist.

The young mortal then ran forward expanding his staff and swinging it towards the ground taking him to the air, he flipped in the air as he extended a leg and began bringing it down to strike the head of the angelic being and he descended.

WC: 224
TWC: 615

Whis
Member Avatar

The young man seemed determined now more than ever as he shook off the pain and readied for another attack. His words simply showed that he was so focused on his own plan that he didn’t really care or maybe even know what he wanted to see from Whis. The Attendant understood what he was saying though as it was likely that the boy assumed Whis would know better than he would about what was needed. He wasn’t wrong thinking that, but in a quick spar it wasn’t something that could be done easily. A process like what was needed would take a good amount of time to accomplish.

The pure blooded hybrid kept his effortless flight going as Joseph charged in once more, this time wielding a staff of his own. The actions caused a grin to come across the Attendants face as the swing was coming right for it. He simply leaned back watching the staff connect with just the air. For the moment Whis remained in that exact position, leaned back simply floating in the air to see how the boy would follow up. He came crashing down with a follow up blow towards the shoulder, which Whis simply turned to the side to watch fly right on past him like the previous attempt at his head had. It was then that the boy retracted his staff and readied a burst of energy.

Whis watched intently as the blasts came in at him, but as they made it the blasts seemed to change at the last moment, they ignored the explosion that normally came and simply ignited into a shield of flame around the divine being who kept his eyes locked on the boy to see what he would do next. It was the next that caught him as interesting. He used the staff as a pole vaulter would almost in order to launch himself back towards Whis this time looking to crash a kick right to his face.

The Angel only sighed as he twirled the staff in his hand causing the flames to flow around it as well before swatting back at the knee cap with the staff as he had done earlier in order to stop the attack from ever getting close enough to strike him. Whis watched the boy simply releasing the grip on the staff with his left hand and waving it in Josephs direction releasing a burst of invisible energy meant to send him back down to the ground as he would continue to float in the air waiting to see what the boy would do next. No need for words yet, he wanted to see how the boy did without instruction first.

WC: 452
Whis WC: 1,099

Posted Image
Posted Image

Siggy by Tarble

Character Page

Joseph Wiltshire
Member Avatar
Satirist
When Whis swung his staff to swat away his kick, Joseph moved his leg to intercept the strike towards his knee cap. Upon contact the flames were pulled from the gods body and wrapped around the mortal child, taking the cloak for himself. He then jumped towards the deity and placed his hands towards his head. A golden burst of light eruption form him creating an intense illumination that engulfed the entire arena in light.

He hoped that this would leave the opposition vulnerable to the next array of attacks. He swung his cudgel at Whis again at the same points his did earlier with little subversion, apart from firing an array of blast with his right hand between each motion. The child swung at his face, lowered to his body, and then his knee for his final strike. The learned from his fight with Beerus that a simple act to stun and disorient someone at his level wouldn't be enough to turn the tide in this fight.

The spheres would be easy to evade, some would explode against the stadium, but the majority would stop in the air shortly after passing the attendants form. They eventually swarmed him from every direction and then closed in on him to swallow him in a bombardment. The child stayed back and kept his distance and fired another flurry of spirit blasts wanting to entice the deity into firing an energy attack of his own, in case this was wasn't the case he kept his staff elongated to three times his stature ready to keep his opponent from getting too close as serve as a deterrent from engaging him up close.

WC: 278
TWC: 893
Edited by Joseph Wiltshire, Yesterday, 12:37 AM.

Whis
Member Avatar

It was another foe that relied on things that were not required for a battle. Whis sighed as the flash of light erupted. This was a tactic that was used by almost every mortal now, but it was nothing more than a minor inconvenience to someone who actually experienced it before. Maybe if the first time it was used one would panic, questioning what was going on, but it was overused and so it was easy to be ready for. The Angel was already prepared for such a tactic and a simple head nod was all he gave in response even closing his eyes with a smile on his face to show the slight disdain he had for this strategy in combat. Blind, hope your opponent couldn’t react right and try to do something productive. Same thing every time and it was almost sad to see for the Attendant.

Whis moved in the air as if he could still basically see just fine weaving in and out of attacks that were coming his way whether it was idle energy blasts, staff attacks or whatever else the boy was planning as he did he spoke with each evasion and telepathically monitored movement he made allowing his instincts to simply guide the day even with his eyes closed, ”You do understand that your ki leaks out with every move, with every action you make. It allows you to be visible to someone and forecast your attacks well before you even make them. Your mind, your energy, your movements they are all predictable. It is like reading a book, all you have to do is know how.”

As residual energy he had tossed around was moving back to the Attendant Whis gave an audible sigh. His vision he knew had returned, but it wasn’t even worth opening his eyes. He simply waited for the attacks to converge on him the last moment a field of dark electricity radiating around him absorbing in the attack and fueling his own body at the same time. It caused the Angel to feel even more refreshed now than he had before. He kept his eyes closed, ”So should I keep my eyes closed or not?” A smile came over his face as he slowly opened them to see the boy once again. It was then that he waited to see what he would do next. So far it had been at least a little fun playing with this boy.

WC: 412
Whis WC: 1,511

Posted Image
Posted Image

Siggy by Tarble

Character Page

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Spars · Next Topic »
Add Reply

RPG Chat RPG-D RPGfix eXTReMe Tracker

Back to Alex's DBZ RPG | Back to Main Forum

Black Water created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone