Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Alex's DBZ RPG 5 Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Patch 5.6.7 Suggestions Thread; Suggest new things for the next patch here!
Topic Started: Jul 16 2018, 11:11 AM (591 Views)
Bassolarr
Member Avatar
KING OF THE RING
Monitors
With the release of Patch 5.6.6, I'm very happy with the additions and changes that have been implemented in the latest patch, but as always, thereís always more ideas and opportunities to explore and discuss. I'd like to open this thread up to future additions and ideas for discussion, so please feel free to post up your ideas and suggestions for the next patch. As always, suggestions are subject to the approval of staff, so curb your expectations a little bit.

The Current Focuses Are: Weapon Rebalancing, Possible Alliance Buffs/Features, Overall Synergy, Possible Player Site Master adjustments (including Weapon Masters), Grapples, New Transformation tier, Stances Adjustments, and other odds and ends.

I'll be updating this first post (when and where I can) to reflect all that's been suggested, so it'll be easier to digest for later use and review. Please keep things civil!

BIG TICKET THINGS TO DISCUSS: Weapon Rebalances (need to post a comparison between weapon techniques/stances and benefits of different weapons). Grapples (please keep it civil). More alignment-based techniques (Lawful Only, Chaotic Only, not necessary good or evil). Items, Items Adjustments, New transformation tier (need suggestions), etc.

Feel free to discuss or recommend changes for things already listed here:

Suggestions for New Elemental Temples

Handicap Battles Adjustments

User Planet Feature: Commercial Industry Infrastructure

Weapon Master Suggestion

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Uriel
Member Avatar
Justice's Hammer
I'm curious if anyone know is this needed tweaking or was an outright rejection.

Danger Room Costs 4500z. An add-on to any training center, Warlord Villa, House, or Mansion. Characters that use the danger room (and not in the Top 25), are subjected to dangerous traps, lethal holographic foes, and plenty of hazards to challenge them. Once per month, a Non-Top-25 character can use the danger room and gain +25 EXP, +1 Fighting-Style Level, and +250 to all stats--however, after using it, the character must spend two-weeks recovering, similar to losing a battle. Additionally, you will need to spend 500z to repair the room after each use (by anyone). After using the Danger Room twice, the owner may spend another 4500z to upgrade it to Level 2, doubling its benefits (except for Fighting-Style Levels) but adding another week to the recovery time. After using the Level 2 version three times, it may be upgraded again to Level 3 by paying 4500z--this triples its base benefits (except for Fighting-Style Levels) while adding another week to the recovery time. Cannot gain Fighting-Style levels higher than 20 with this facility.
I had way more important things to do then to approve a trivial zolton buy.

http://www.alexsdbzrpg.info/page/Uriel

Whis
Member Avatar

Best Options for Grapple I have seen so far....

Option 1: 1 Attempt per ref report (nothing else really changes)

Option 2: Grapple would only take 1 action to avoid

Option 3: They can be countered either with character counters or techs. This would also include a list of techs that would also do this. General idea I had when thinking was Hybrid techs and techs that have speed enhancement built into the tech design.

Option 4: Remove the idea completely

Now speaking of counters (Option 3).... One of the things is handicap battles and team battles. Do we want to make counters (The base ones granted by stats on the main page) work per opponent or keep them just a flat number you use over all your opponents?
Column 4 on lock down since 2013.
Feel free to contact me to work with Quests and Spars. Oh and if I do something wrong, just tell me!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Siggy by Tarble

Character Page

Grimlok
Member Avatar

Monitors
Quote:

Now speaking of counters (Option 3).... One of the things is handicap battles and team battles. Do we want to make counters (The base ones granted by stats on the main page) work per opponent or keep them just a flat number you use over all your opponents?

I can see where keeping it a flat number is simpler to keep trace of, but having them be per opponent for team battles / handicap battles could be pretty cool in is own right. Maybe we can get a battle going and play test the idea and see how it plays out.
http://www.alexsdbzrpg.info/page/Grimlok

Bassolarr
Member Avatar
KING OF THE RING
Monitors
Uriel: Danger Room was voted down over various concerns. It would need an overhaul.

Beerus: I'm still partial to option 3. When it comes to counters, we should probably make it per opponent.

Azazel
Member Avatar
High Roller
Administrator
Big ticket Item: Transformstion tier. I wonít go into further details, but it will be needed. We are not looking for how to rebalance current transformations but a whole new set of next tier.
Edited by Azazel, Jul 17 2018, 06:15 AM.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Azazel
Member Avatar
High Roller
Administrator
Bassolarr
Jul 17 2018, 05:47 AM
Uriel: Danger Room was voted down over various concerns. It would need an overhaul.

Beerus: I'm still partial to option 3. When it comes to counters, we should probably make it per opponent.
Yeah Danger room was advocated for in its current form and shot down. It needs reworked which Iím sure Curon has ideas for already.

Counters per opponent would be interesting instead of a flat number for the whole battle. Would be logical. Grapples in general though, Iíd have to think more on that. Plenty of debate and nobody could agree on the topic last patch.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tarble
Member Avatar
The True King
New Transformations
Super Saiyan 3
[Saiyans]
Golden Form
[Changelings]
Thrall of Lucifer
[Demons]
Zen
[Humans]
Inner Dragon
[Namekians]
True Strength
[Aliens]
Firmware Upgrade
[Androids]
Beyond God
[Hybrids]
Cherubim
[Celestials]
Requirements:1,750,000 PL
5,000 Determination
1,650,000 PL
4,150 Intelligence
1,450,000 PL
4,000 Determination
1,500,000 PL
4,600 Charisma
1,575,000 PL
4,150 Intelligence
1,550,000 PL
3,750 Intelligence
1,500,000 PL
4,000 Intelligence
1,475,000 PL
3,750 Intelligence
1,500,000 PL
4,000 Determination
Ki Drain:3% per action3% per action3% per action2.5% per action2.5% per action2.5% per actionN/A2.5% per action3% per action
Gainage:+10,000, +200% all stats, +30% to a chosen stat+10,000, +175% all stats, +20% to a chosen stat+11,250, +145% all stats, +25% to a chosen stat. Can Majin another character (total of five, max of one at once).+8,000, +145% Str, Spd, Sta, Vit, +175% Tou, +10% to two additional chosen stats.+7,500, +145% Str, Spd, Tou, Sta, +165% Vit, +15% to two additional chosen stats.+8,125, +145% Str, Tou, Sta, Vit, +175% Spd, and +20% to two additional chosen stats.+8,500, +130 all stats, +10% to two additional chosen stats.+7,500, +130 all stats, +22% to three additional stats.+9,500, +165% all stats, +20% to a chosen stat.
Special:All advanced techs cost 3% extra ki and finishers cost 6% extra while in this form.Must be in either 100% Power or Transformation 4 to transform to this form. Transforming for the first time heals 15% damage and 5% fatigue sustained while in either form.+5% damage against good alignment. Flames of Hell gives you double the bonus. Evil Only techniques have -1% ki cost (to a minimum of 1%, doesn't count for sake of Ki Drain Cap).Special technique Martial Arts Mastery also increases Rush slots by +2 (can only be used if in this form).Heal technique gets +40% effectiveness while transformed. Namekian only attacks get +1.5 DR.Can bring a fourth accessory into battle (only takes effect while in this form, fourth accessory must be declared in equipment before battle begins or in first post).Automatically learn the technique Power Blitz. All Android only attacks gain +1 DR.N/ARevive will restore double the amount of health while transformed. Twice per battle, heal does double the normal effect.

I did this in some spreadsheet math and did some balancing to try and weigh out what would be best. This should also allow some evolutionary variety in these final transformations.
Character Sheet | Vault | Tarble's Edits
Posted Image
Signature Made by Asami

Gohan
Member Avatar
Tale-Spinner
Talk about HBTC. The game isn't the same as it was when HBTC first came out. People aren't ToM at sub-100k power levels to make HBTC even remotely viable like the ancient days. I know this gets brought up a lot and there's good reason for it.

Also, IMO, the new tier of transformations shouldn't further facilitate the great difference apparent in the current tier, especially if that means Saiyans pull even FURTHER ahead.
Edited by Gohan, Jul 17 2018, 08:27 AM.
Character Page

Bassolarr
Member Avatar
KING OF THE RING
Monitors
Tarble: Demons should be gaining another Majin use with their transformation as well. The Alien Transformation perk doesnt really make sense? We REALLY need to consider a perk for Hybrid transformations--I get that customization needs to be balanced, but not at that extremely high tier of gameplay. I'm not sure on the numbers, but so long as theyre consistent with the power ratio of other tiers, it should be okay. Honestly, I feel like Android transformations should be the weakest due to no Ki cost, but thats just me.

Goten: We've done the back and forth twice, and both times, significant HBTC buffs have been shot down. We're going to have to come up with a better way of buffing HBTC without boosting the stat gains. Also, when it comes to transformations, the new tier is going to happen, one way or another, so it's best if we get it ironed out now. Yes, Saiyans have the best transformations, but only 5 of the top 25 are Saiyans and only 1 of the Top 10. Its not that huge of a deal.
Edited by Bassolarr, Jul 17 2018, 11:59 AM.

Gohan
Member Avatar
Tale-Spinner
I don't know if it's necessarily a good idea to think that something is okay because it doesn't effect a lot of people. Transformations have always been off kilter, and the more tiers that get added and keep with the same thought, the further that divide between power grows. You know what I mean?

SSJ has always been pretty strong, on par with Changelings, far stronger than some others, and proposing to widen that gap EVEN further is no good. Game balance is important.
Character Page

Bassolarr
Member Avatar
KING OF THE RING
Monitors
I can agree that maybe we should at least look at what closer-grouped transformations might look like first. At the very least, we should consider the idea pulling the races closer and closer to one another in terms of power as the tiers go upwards--except for androids. Again, I feel like since they dont pay Ki, theirs should be weaker.

Grimlok
Member Avatar

Monitors
Stop hating on my people Basso that is racist lol.... Even if you may have a mild point...

Whis
Member Avatar

Really who is going to use a transformation that requires 3% per action???? I know that was the number tossed out for SSJ 3, but it is crazy. You get (Assuming 5 actions per round) 6 turns at best (without really using Ki on your actions or figuring in ki regain items and crits) to win a fight.

Also if we stick with 3% then I'm wataing to an Android might as well have 0% at that point.........

Maybe.... Just make it a flat rate per post. If you are transformed at any point during your post you spend X% of Ki. This could be universally dropped down to all tiers as well. This list doesn't include Androids since it is a racial perk to have 0% transformation cost whether it is listed or not.

Tier 1: 1st Transformations/Super Form : .8% per turn
Tier 2: 2nd Transformation/Super Form : 1.2% per turn
Tier 3: 3rd Transformation/Super Form : 2% per turn
Tier 4: 4th Transformation/Super Form : 3.2% per turn
Tier 5: New Tier to be Added with patch : 5% per turn

Obviously to make the tiers different certain races could cost a little more or a little less, but maybe use that as a medium?
Edited by Whis, Jul 17 2018, 01:03 PM.
Feel free to contact me to work with Quests and Spars. Oh and if I do something wrong, just tell me!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Siggy by Tarble

Character Page

Gohan
Member Avatar
Tale-Spinner
You are forgetting Regulation training.
Character Page

Whis
Member Avatar

Capped at .5% reduction... so 2.5 per action or 12% per post so you get 8 rounds.... Yipppeeeee

Posted Image
Posted Image

Siggy by Tarble

Character Page

Bassolarr
Member Avatar
KING OF THE RING
Monitors
Hrm... we might have to look at changing either the Ki cost of all transformations to a per post, rather than per action. OR we could put in a perk for getting this new tier of transformations that halves the Ki cost of all previous transformations? That way, we can put the Ki cost of these new ones at, say, 2% or 1.8% Ki per action because its halving all the other ones you have. Thoughts?

Grimlok
Member Avatar

Monitors
So long as Androids get something to compensate for the reduced Ki cost other races would get I am down. Doesn't have to be anything super fancy but if androids are going to be getting less gains because their transformations are free if all other races suddenly have a way to half their ki cost of transformations they should at least get something out of the deal when gaining the new tier.

Bassolarr
Member Avatar
KING OF THE RING
Monitors
Grimlok
Jul 17 2018, 01:48 PM
So long as Androids get something to compensate for the reduced Ki cost other races would get I am down. Doesn't have to be anything super fancy but if androids are going to be getting less gains because their transformations are free if all other races suddenly have a way to half their ki cost of transformations they should at least get something out of the deal when gaining the new tier.
What would you suggest? My initial thought was a +1% to the gains for all the old transformations?

Grimlok
Member Avatar

Monitors
Something like that could work. Like I said it doesn't need to be much just something to bring them up once they hit that level.

Tarble
Member Avatar
The True King
Ahem.

Super Saiyan 3 has a higher stat gain than the other transformations because it is also the only special that is a detriment to the player. Alongside the 3% ki cost per action, using any technique worth its salt is also tacked on with a higher ki cost. SSJ2 and SSJ3 are meant to be very wasteful transformations in terms of ki, but in return, serve to give a massive boost in power.

The Alien transformation perk I proposed was to evolve the 'third accessory slot at joining' perk further by allowing them a fourth that awakened within that transformation. If you have an Everburning Ember in the back pocket you want saved until you turn to this new form, then you got it.

For Demons, I did do that in the gainages section like every other transformation before it. "Can Majin another character (total of five, max of one at once)."

And for hybrids, I increased their '+XX% to two additional stats' to '+XX% to three additional stats'. I was thinking about some things for maybe a mangled combination of the two last tier perks for their hybrid transformation (A Demon / Human hybrid would get +2.5% damage against Good aligned characters and +1 Rush with Martial Arts Mastery), but I opted out thinking it might be too confusing for most of the ADBZ populace.

But these are valid points of criticism and I'm far from perfect. This is just stuff I mathed out. As for the ki costs, it's way better than the 5% per action cost Alex actually had on his concept for SSJ3. I like what Whis said about the ki cost per turn, but I believe Cell said we were only coming up with new transformations, not attempting to tweak the existing mold we have.
Character Sheet | Vault | Tarble's Edits
Posted Image
Signature Made by Asami

Bassolarr
Member Avatar
KING OF THE RING
Monitors
Oh, I missed the bits you just mentioned--that's my bad. Curious how the alien thing would work if they already have the 4th accessory--since the requirements are so close to 4k Intelligence anyway.

Gohan
Member Avatar
Tale-Spinner
Debatable if you could consider that a detriment. Ki cost is directly tied to damage so. More ki cost, yes, but higher damage.
Character Page

Beerus
Member Avatar

Super Members
Tarble I hope you didn't see what I said as a criticism. It was more of a hatred of Ki Cost per Action. Truly at high end fights people have probably 10+ ways to deal with techs fired at them. So if you have a 3% per action transformation you either have to conserve your ki until you have somehow worn out those defenses or go buck nuts for 6 posts and hope you can win in that time while someone else is taking a Tier 4 Transformation.

Imagine the Post for SSJ 3 Goku:Assuming Ki Manipulation
A1: Charge
A2: Charge
A3: Super Kamehameha (KI: 17% DR 9)
A4: Charge
Tact + Speed: Final Kamehameha (KI: 22%, DR: 12)

Transfomation Cost:18% (Or 15% with Regulation)

Total Ki Cost on Turn: 57% (Or 54%)

Obviously that isn't the best overall use of actions and such, but you see the point I think. 47% (or 44%) + of the total Ki Cost (27% or 24%) of that turn is because he went SSJ 3. He could almost do it again if he just didn't transform.

I think it would obviously be a quick use type thing, but really we all want to RP this bad ass transformation and it would be lame to do it and be like Ok I had 2 turns to blow my load and now I have to start using actions to Ki Charge, Potion, Senzu, (Mind you each is taking 3% or 2.5% Ki). The flat (and lowered Ki Cost per Post) I think just helps manage that and not punish someone for having Tact and more than likely speed actions. Just my opinion.

Also nothing on the site says Ki Cost is directly tied to damage. Or at least not that I can remember.

Also Bass I think the 4th Accessory slot like he said is a add on to the racial perk. So the 4k Int would give them a 5th.
Edited by Beerus, Jul 18 2018, 11:29 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Image by Tarble

EVERYBODY wants to be a BEAST, until it is time to do what real BEASTS DO!

Beerus' Page

Theme Video

Gohan
Member Avatar
Tale-Spinner
When firing an advanced ki attack, your power level will be temporarily boosted by the % of ki used with an additional 2% added for each damage level (total boost capped at +40% your max pl).

When firing a finisher that is a ki attack, your power level will be temporarily boosted by the % of ki used with an additional 10% added for each damage level (total boost capped at +125% your max pl).

http://alexsdbzrpg.com/skills.php

I'm not going to keep spamming an important topic with nonsense that isn't important, but that boost is always been based off the base ki cost of the tech.. - Whis
Edited by Whis, Jul 18 2018, 05:50 PM.
Character Page

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Questions / Suggestions · Next Topic »
  • Pages:

RPG Chat RPG-D RPGfix eXTReMe Tracker

Back to Alex's DBZ RPG | Back to Main Forum

Black Water created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone